PDA

View Full Version : Customer Exit Survey?

Drafto
03-09-2006, 12:14 AM
Does anyone use an exit survey for their customers? I heard this idea in a seminar I attended over the winter and I am trying to come up with something before the year starts. I want to ask questions like:

Did we leave your property neat while we were working?
Will you recommend us? Why/why not?
Was everything completed as expected?
Did we communicate everything good enough prior to construction?
Was our staff helpful to answer any of your questions?
Were you satisfied with the work completed?
Comments or suggestions?

Ect.......

If anyone has something like this would you be willing to post it, or email it out? Or, even better, if anyone has some suggestions for questions to put on it please post them.

Thanks,
Dan

CAG
03-09-2006, 02:59 AM
imo it would be better to make sure these things were addressed before and during the job.. If they were to say they were not happy after the job how are you really going to fix the problem?? all you could really say is sorry..

kris
03-09-2006, 07:01 AM
Every customer is given one with there final invoice. If I remember when I get to the shop I'll add to this.

We also have a "after sales service" (painted on his truck) guy that is introduced on the final walkabout. He is the customer contact when the job is finished and will take care of any warranty issues that may arise. He explains everything as far as plant care, watering etc etc .... 2 weeks after the job is complete he stops in again to check that things are ok. The following season he checks in with them again to see if there are any issues before the warranty is up.

Drafto
03-09-2006, 08:29 AM
imo it would be better to make sure these things were addressed before and during the job.. If they were to say they were not happy after the job how are you really going to fix the problem?? all you could really say is sorry..

What you are saying is pretty obvious, we address any issues during construction. I am just trying to get some honest answers from my customers critiquing my business. I feel that a survey is something they can just fill out and is easier than a face to face interview. I am not a large company, I pretty much deal with every client, but I do leave my guys at jobsites with no one policing them.

Dan

bigviclbi
03-09-2006, 10:06 AM
Kris that's a great idea! That is SURE to give people a reason to refer you. Too bad I am the estimate guy, job foreman, quasi accountant, or I'd do the same thing. I do drive by properties that I've done and check out if everything still looks good.

kris
03-09-2006, 10:54 AM
Kris that's a great idea! That is SURE to give people a reason to refer you. Too bad I am the estimate guy, job foreman, quasi accountant, or I'd do the same thing. I do drive by properties that I've done and check out if everything still looks good.

I know what you are saying ... you have to have the company at a certain size because it is another overhead position. He does do some selling when contacting previous customers...mulching, pruning etc. It is the best position we have added in the last couple of years.

Here are some lines from our survey

_____________ would like you to help us improve our services. Your input is the best indicator of our performance on your project.

How did you hear about __________ Landscaping?
____________________________________________________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________

Were you referred to us by a previous _________ customer? If so, who?

Why did you use __________ __________?

What was the value of your project?
O under $10,000 O $10,000 to $40,000 O over $40,000

Were you satisfied with our Landscape Design services?
O Yes O No
O Design was done by another company

Were you satisfied with the landscaping crew on your project?
O Yes O No
O Not sure

How satisfied are you with the quality of work that was done?
O Very satisfied O Satisfied
O Neither satisfied nor dissatisfied O Dissatisfied
O Very dissatisfied

What could we have done better on your project?

How effectively did __________ transform your landscape vision into a reality?
O Very well O Not very well
O Not sure

Were you satisfied with the after sales service?
O Yes O No O Not sure

How likely would you be to choose _____ Landscape again if you needed more work done?
O Very likely O Likely O Unlikely
O Very unlikely O Not sure

Can __________ use your comments and photos of your yard for promotional purposes?
O Yes, you can use both O Yes, but just the comments
O Yes, but just the photos O No thank-you

What would make you more likely to choose _________ Landscape again?

Please enter any additional comments or suggestions here:

Optional:
First Name __________________________________

Last Name __________________________________

Thank you for taking the time to fill out our survey and sending it back to us. We appreciate your business. Your comments are a great way to let me know how our company performed on your project, and I look forward to reading them.

Owner

Dreams To Designs
03-09-2006, 11:04 AM
Referrals can be the best advertising you will ever get, and having the information from an existing client will help you gage what your referrals will be like. If you have completed the job with the clients needs in mind, they should be happy to share their thoughts on you, your employees and your work. We all can improve, and direct feedback will be the best source of information. I have always done the surveys verbally, but can see the advantage of a questionnaire.

Kirk

kris
03-09-2006, 11:24 AM
Kirk , I agree no one is perfect and we need to hear it. We also felt that having a questionnaire with optional name was best.... some people who are generally happy with the project are just "to nice" to say something negative to your face.As an example.. Perhaps they loved the job at the end but maybe the guys left the site messy during construction.