PDA

View Full Version : Kawasaki Trimmers

ky-lawn-guy
03-09-2006, 06:50 PM
I was just at my local lawn shop today and he was trying to sell me on the kawasaki trimmers. I did pick one up and they were pretty light, comparable to my echos. He tried to explain that because all the larger kawasaki engines are so clean, they can make these like the older shidaiwas and run a little "more dirty" which means they have more power and torgue. Has anyone used these trimmers or other kawasaki 2-cycle stuff? Would you recommend them?

tm ent.
03-09-2006, 06:55 PM
i just bought a kawasaki trimmer about 3 weeks ago and I love it. Best starting I've ever had. I've had no problems so far. When I bought it they said they sold over 100 units last year and only had 2 come back for repair. One had been run over the other was flooded in hurricane Katrina. It starts and runs much better than my echo edger.:drinkup:

befnme
03-09-2006, 07:25 PM
i hane a kbl 26a trimmer and love it 1.5 horse engine it is very strong. i also have the comperable kawi edger and i love it too.

totallawncare912
04-16-2006, 07:42 PM
i own 2 Kawasaki trimmer a KBL26A and a KBL34A brushcutter they are smoother than any other trimmer out there they both start on the second pull and are very light weight and are cutting fools and the handle is very comfortable. i have worked on them also and parts are alot cheaper then shindaiwa and redmax, DONT LIKE ECHO ITS JUNK SO IS STIHL, I run Kawasaki trimmers, shindaiwa T270 trimmer, shindaiwa LE261 Edger, Redmax ebz8000 blower and a redmax CHT2400 Hedge trimmer i love my combo works great for me also have a Great Dane 52in ZTR chariot

lawnboy dan
04-16-2006, 08:39 PM
i have had kawi powered hedge trimmers for 15 yrs -never one single problem.

pgoulding
04-16-2006, 08:47 PM
I just bought a KTR27A over the winter to use this season. I havent really gotten to use it yet, but it is very light and has a lot of power for how much it weights. I would recomend a kawi trimmer.

Mickhippy
04-16-2006, 09:04 PM
I recommend them also!

JTF40
04-16-2006, 09:13 PM
I have been considering purchasing them, also. I have a dealer 5 minutes from my house. However, I am having trouble deciding which model to buy. Power to weight ratio is is the most important thing to me. Is the flex shaft better or the flex shaft? Any suggestions? :usflag:

parttimer
04-16-2006, 09:21 PM
I have some hedge trimmers and they are sweet cut great by far better than stihl .And they start better than anything ive got. Getting ready to purchase a string trimmer some , my echo is getting sick.:usflag:

Soupy
04-16-2006, 09:35 PM
I had a BP that was a few years old that I ran for one whole season with no filter or cover and it still works great, but is a back up now. The only complaint is the fact the air filter cover would not stay on after a few years and I tried replacing it 2 times and that is why I just said heck with the filter all together.

I also have a trimmer and hedge trimmer. I will probably faze the echo's that I have out and go all Kawi in the future.

totallawncare912
04-16-2006, 10:03 PM
you can go to kawpowr.com and check out the kawasaki trimmers and there details

totallawncare912
04-16-2006, 10:04 PM
you want the KBL series and they are all solid steel shafts and are alot smoother then the ktr which is a flex coiled shaft and the KGT has a solid steel shaft but has a different shaft then the KBL series they are the top of the line Kawasaki's I have a KBL26A and a KBL34A and have worked on them myself and they are simple to work on and are cheap for parts also.

milo
04-16-2006, 10:42 PM
i have now ran most of there trimmers and they are all perty good. they do start the best out of any out there. power is good and feel is good to..
to me echo and stihl are the kings but kawasaki has a better feel than a stihl and more power than the echo. stihl has more power worse feel. and echo less power but great feel

mowerman90
04-16-2006, 10:50 PM
I run the KBL26A and love it for it's light weight and big power. I didn't like the loop handle so I switched it out for an Echo handle....much better, IMHO.

mowtime
04-16-2006, 11:35 PM
Best trimmer made, I have won many a bet on it starting on the first pull. Light and very powerful. I bought two used by a lco for a while and it still runs like a top. Sold one to a friend, regretted it and offered a new stihl trimmer for it back and he refused, he swears by them too.

Grassman6
04-17-2006, 01:38 AM
Same here....KBL 26 last four years and KGT 27's this season. Kawasaki engines on everything...Backpack, Z-Trak, hedge trimmer and of course string trimmer. Change out the loop handle for a JD XT140 "D" handle and you will love it.

JTF40
04-17-2006, 03:35 AM
According to Kawasaki's websight, the KBL26A is only available in California - the KBL27A is available everywhere else. Same trimmer?:usflag:

JTF40
04-17-2006, 07:00 PM
If you have an answer, I'm listening !!! Thanks.....:usflag:

bladeheart
04-17-2006, 07:17 PM
i own 2 Kawasaki trimmer a KBL26A and a KBL34A brushcutter they are smoother than any other trimmer out there they both start on the second pull and are very light weight and are cutting fools and the handle is very comfortable. i have worked on them also and parts are alot cheaper then shindaiwa and redmax, DONT LIKE ECHO ITS JUNK SO IS STIHL, I run Kawasaki trimmers, shindaiwa T270 trimmer, shindaiwa LE261 Edger, Redmax ebz8000 blower and a redmax CHT2400 Hedge trimmer i love my combo works great for me also have a Great Dane 52in ZTR chariot
Great attempt at a flame war.

JTF40
04-17-2006, 07:25 PM
Yea, I know. People should NEVER - EVER - slam other peoples equipment. :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

rob7233
04-17-2006, 09:08 PM
I agree with totallawncare912. The Kawasaki KBL series (Only) are some of the most powerful, lightest, reliable and SMOOTHEST trimmers of all. Forget the KGT , junk compared to the KBL's. Stick with only the KBL's since they're the full commercial units. Too bad Kawasaki doesn't market all that well and therefore doesn't have a strong market presence. Kind of a sleeper. I didn't realize it myself till a good buddy turned me on to one, since I was looking for a replacement for my Shindaiwa T 270 trimmer.

totallawncare912
04-17-2006, 09:27 PM
Rob how good of a buddy is he and does he run them himself commercially ?

rob7233
04-17-2006, 10:37 PM
Total,
Real good Bud > keeps me flying straight. I try to do the same for him. Uses Kaw commercially I think pretty exculsively. :cool2: