PDA

View Full Version : Truck and trailer logo

fyshstykr
03-09-2006, 07:56 PM
Just want to get some opinions on my logo. Thanks in advance for any opinions.

J&R Landscaping
03-09-2006, 08:12 PM
Looks good!

NEPSJay
03-09-2006, 08:12 PM
logo looks good...I'd change the font to something a little more professional though.

Thirdpete
03-09-2006, 09:37 PM
i know that font screams second grade... but i like it. not the typical "juan vazquez" or "tony demarco" written in cursive white paint on the side of a red truck. looks nice.

cleancutccl
03-09-2006, 09:51 PM
Logo looks good, but get ready to shell out some money to get it screen printed, you're looking at 7 colors to do that, which equals 7 screens, which equals more money. I would only have one blue on the earth.

nmez21
03-09-2006, 09:55 PM
Logo looks good, but get ready to shell out some money to get it screen printed, you're looking at 7 colors to do that, which equals 7 screens, which equals more money. I would only have one blue on the earth.
Im with you on that cc, aorund here it costs almost 1.5x as much for 7 colors rather than a couple.

kingofbling
03-09-2006, 10:08 PM

There is no need to put Licensed & Insured on your business cards or company signage, thats unprofessional IMO. If a customer wants to know if you are Licensed or Insured they will ask, you dont see these big repair or maitnence companies going around with Licensed & Insured plasterd all over.

Most customers dont care as long as you do the work as promised.

fyshstykr
03-10-2006, 12:50 PM
Thanks for the feed back.

I'm planning on staying with the font, it is an architect style font and I wanted that clean look.

As far as the L & I, that is the kind of feedback I needed, many landscape companies in our area have it and I am hesitant to leave it off, because I don't want people to think I'm not licensed and insured. Anyone else?

Any other suggestions? Should the phone # just be in black, or does the green help it stand out?

Thanks again
fysh

Greenhaul Lawn Pro...
03-10-2006, 01:18 PM
That is a great logo, very clean. I think the font is perfect. Nice work:drinkup:

Runner
03-10-2006, 02:11 PM
Actually, if that's the type of theme you want to go with, the fonts style actually fits that theme. Someone had mentioned "second grade". Well, many of these types of campaigns, such as "beautification", and recycling, and other ecology based campaigns count on this type of theme so that it gives a connotation of an earth of children who care.....It is a "young innocense" appeal to the masses. Kind of thinking of the "future" for our people.

kingofbling
03-10-2006, 02:48 PM
Thanks for the feed back.

I'm planning on staying with the font, it is an architect style font and I wanted that clean look.

As far as the L & I, that is the kind of feedback I needed, many landscape companies in our area have it and I am hesitant to leave it off, because I don't want people to think I'm not licensed and insured. Anyone else?

Any other suggestions? Should the phone # just be in black, or does the green help it stand out?

Thanks again
fysh

Why would that make customers think your not licensed and insured ?

You dont see a large company like Roto-Rooter putting L&I on there vans/trucks.

IMO those two words wont make a customer choose you over someone else, in fact 98% of customers dont even ask if your insured, i have never once asked anyone if they were insured and licensed.

IMO do as you please but i would keep that all off business/company adveritsing, its just cheesy. You cant expect to become a professional business if you have to let everyone know your L&I on your advertising, leave it out, if they want to know they will ask, otherwise i dont think the customer really cares.

fyshstykr
03-11-2006, 02:33 AM
Why would that make customers think your not licensed and insured ?

You dont see a large company like Roto-Rooter putting L&I on there vans/trucks.

IMO those two words wont make a customer choose you over someone else, in fact 98% of customers dont even ask if your insured, i have never once asked anyone if they were insured and licensed.

IMO do as you please but i would keep that all off business/company adveritsing, its just cheesy. You cant expect to become a professional business if you have to let everyone know your L&I on your advertising, leave it out, if they want to know they will ask, otherwise i dont think the customer really cares.
Ok..... "So", what your saying is you don't like the L&I on the trailer,cards, or anywhere on the advertising? ;) So what about the phone #, I like the green around the #'s Anyone else ??? Fysh. :drinkup: :drinkup:

hole in one lco
03-11-2006, 03:48 AM
keep it you payed for it. its a big different between lettering 5 tucks appose to 500
thats why the big comps dont put it on there and you know there insured and licensed

Grn Mtn
03-11-2006, 10:28 AM

I like the logo overall, it works with the name of your company.

Do not be concerned by how many colors you have. THE ONLY time it will present an extra cost is with screen printing, but magnetic signs & vehicle vinyl & letterhead & business cards & embroidery all cost the same whether its 1, 2 or 4 color. As far as the screen printing, either suck up the extra costs and have a really nice tee shirt, or just create a colored down logo for the tee's. Its not that big of a deal.

The font is good, it works with the grass and earth thing you got going, your not IBM, so leave it. It sets you apart.

I would say having L.I. on is fine. With all the "start-ups" now operating it will just be one more thing that says I charge what I charge because I am legit!

Lastly to your question of the green phone number, pulling the green out of the circle around the earth and using it at the bottom element of the design is classic design 101. Your tying different parts of the whole together, making it more seamless. Good Job.

Now if I were to re-work it, I would put all the text hanging below the earth and move it up. This would mean that the earth would become the largest element and you could do up a nice large vinyl for the truck, say 15" tall x 50" long --really eye catching, much better than an 18x24 magnet. Put the phone number and L.I. in the outer edge of the earth, this will take a little bit of reworking but it will make it look more like a logo than a business card.

Good luck and nice design.

Grn Mtn
03-11-2006, 11:50 AM
Okay, here is a quick Idea of what I mean.

fyshstykr
03-11-2006, 02:18 PM
Grn Mtn,
Thanks for your input, you have some interesting ideas. I'll let you know what I decide.
fysh

PSO058
03-11-2006, 02:37 PM
We just got a quote for screen printing and it was $20 per color. So you will shell out a pretty penny for that to be screen printed. I would refrain from putting number around the earth, it is to hard to find, you don't want people staring at you truck looking for number and crash, or not be visible on a shirt from short distance. Looks nice though.

Grn Mtn
03-11-2006, 04:24 PM
We just got a quote for screen printing and it was $20 per color.... you don't want people staring at you truck looking for number and crash, or not be visible on a shirt from short distance....

Wow thats expensive and a rip off, there must be more to the quote than your telling us, I have my stuff done at www.barefoot-apparel.com--$2.20 first color, $0.50 each extra color and or location, Example 1 color front, 4 color back would be $4.70 for printing + cost of shirt.

These are my hats and polos I just picked up, $19.50 for the polos and $9.00 for the reflective hats, both embroidered.

now i agree the phone number is hardish to read, but after-all I was just quickly trying to show what I was talking about and I was not the original designer. With that said though, people are not going to be driving by and try to read the phone number off the shirt, thats just silly. And on the truck as long as you can read the number while waiting at a light your fine.

OutdoorExtras
03-11-2006, 07:16 PM
Great logo.

sheshovel
03-11-2006, 07:26 PM

i LIKE THIS ONE!

Lux Lawn
03-11-2006, 07:33 PM

I like this version of the logo to,it looks a little neater and easier to read.

Fyshstykr-Not that I didn't like your original but I like the way its condensed down now.

fyshstykr
03-12-2006, 02:43 AM
Lotsa good info, keep it coming folks .......:) fysh.

Idealtim
03-12-2006, 01:02 PM
This is by far the best one.I still would change the font to something bolder.And for the l&i,KEEP IT ON THERE, people like seeing that.

Freddy_Kruger
03-12-2006, 06:13 PM
I can't read it, it looks like... land soap?

PSO058
03-12-2006, 06:19 PM
Our quote was for screen printing, I know it is high that is why we walked out. You dont think some would get your number from your shirt? Why have anything put on them at all? I am not trying to argue, but why not make your company name and number as visible as possible.

Freddy_Kruger
03-12-2006, 06:24 PM
The best argument for Truck decals is legitimatcy. Neighbours know you're not a burgler and the homeowener assumes your 1st class, much easier to get in the house. That's important for me because I do window cleaning.

Grn Mtn
03-12-2006, 10:26 PM
.... You dont think some would get your number from your shirt? Why have anything put on them at all? I am not trying to argue,....

All I'm saying is that the shirts just need to get attention and show professionalism. Be consistent and recognizable, but they don't need to follow the design rules of a billboard. Just get the peoples attention and spark a conversation, once I'm talking to someone I pretty much have a sale.