PDA

View Full Version : How much to charge?

selectcracker
03-09-2006, 09:50 PM
Hi,

I'm new to the business. How much do you suggest that I should charge?
From what I have figured in expenses so far I need to charge around $ 20.00
dollars per hour to even make it worth my time.
I'm in a small area with small towns around me in Pa.
I'm not sure people will pay this much.

I'm a one man crew. At this time I'm only mowing grass and general lawn care maintenance
I was thinking of charging a service charge of $ 30.00 to 35.00 per visit depending on the area.
That would include up to 1.5 hr. of mowing service. Then after that it would be $ 20.00 to $ 23.00 per hour depending on what I decide to charge.
Does that sound reasonable to you?

What do you charge? and how, for a one person crew?

I was planning to add employees in the future but I can't see how that could ever happen After I got enough information to figure up most of the expenses
I would have.
If I added employee's I was hoping to be able to pay them good I can't see how I could even pay them at all now!

I could use any comments or suggestions from anyone that has been in the business

CAG
03-10-2006, 03:44 AM
watch out charging those prices could get you killed on this site...j/k lol... your way way low..

B&D Lawn Care
03-10-2006, 03:46 AM
I charge no less than 40 bph. With the price of guys and staying in fair market range I am very happy there.

JKOOPERS
03-10-2006, 03:59 AM
Hi,

I'm new to the business. How much do you suggest that I should charge?
From what I have figured in expenses so far I need to charge around $ 20.00
dollars per hour to even make it worth my time.
I'm in a small area with small towns around me in Pa.
I'm not sure people will pay this much.

why not just work for free :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

work_it
03-10-2006, 05:23 AM
There's just so much you're failing to take into consideration when figuring out your time and expenses. Just to name a few:
1. Office time and expenses.
2. Parts and repairs on all equipment (including truck).
3. Windshield time and productive work hours.
4. Daily maintenance of truck and equipment.
5. Taxes and insurance (including the cost of a good CPA)
6. Gas and oil
7. Advertising expenses
8. What you need to charge to pay yourself and the company (covers replacement of truck, mowers, trimmers, edgers, blowers, hedge trimmers, computer &/ printer.

I'm sure I've missed a few, but that gives you an idea of what you need to consider when trying to figure out a price structure.

PMLAWN
03-10-2006, 07:57 AM
Please reread your post. You state that it will cost you 20 to do work and you plan on charging about the same. Does that look right????????:confused: