PDA

View Full Version : Putting Fliers on cars

howardsells2000
03-09-2006, 11:31 PM
I have been thinking about stopping at the local shopping centers and putting my fliers on the cars in the parking lots. Does anyone else do this?

sheshovel
03-09-2006, 11:50 PM
I hate when people do it to me..you can bet when I see someone has left a fliers on my windshield..I crumble it and trash it and never read it.But thats just me..Though most people I have observed in a parking lot that has been flierd do the same as I do/

1MajorTom
03-10-2006, 12:04 AM
I really don't think many people appreciate having their car monekyed around with like that. Besides, what types of homes are you targeting when you do that? You can't tell, so really it's just a lot of wasted effort.

Runner
03-10-2006, 12:06 AM
Wasted effort,..and I catch someone meesin' around with my good truck, they can get their hands broken.

Trinity Lawn Care, LLC
03-10-2006, 12:07 AM
I would have to agree. In theory it sounds like a good idea, because you have so many cars in one location. However, I too feel that most people do not like it when someone fliers their vehicle.

rplc
03-10-2006, 12:09 AM
I haven't put them on cars, but did put a couple of stacks a local dry cleaners. That way if someone were interested they could take one and I would not waste money on the people who weren't interested. The only thing I didn't like about it was that I didn't know what kind of customer I had. A few were well kept up scale lawns and there were a few on the other end of the pole. My recomedation would be to target the type of lawn you would like to have and then place flyers at there doors.

B&D Lawn Care
03-10-2006, 01:20 AM
You may find yourself on litter patrol if the right peckerhead cop gets a hold of the trash on the ground.

CAG
03-10-2006, 02:47 AM
give it a shot and let us know how it works..

JKOOPERS
03-10-2006, 02:57 AM
give it a shot and let us know how it works..

:laugh: :laugh: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :laugh: :laugh:

Runner
03-10-2006, 03:51 AM
Last season I remember this was brought up, as someone had gotten complaints because he went and hit a church down the street from him. That didn't go over so well.....

work_it
03-10-2006, 04:06 AM
I honestly think it's a quick way to get a bad reputation. Not only do people get upset seeing them on their car, but when they throw your flyers on the ground...you then have a bunch of litter with your name on it. Don't be surprised if you get a call from the city/town ordering you to pick up the mess you made.

PMLAWN
03-10-2006, 07:00 AM
Where do those cars park at night????
Way to hard to target you service area.

sbc1971
03-10-2006, 11:15 AM
I really don't think many people appreciate having their car monekyed around with like that. Besides, what types of homes are you targeting when you do that? You can't tell, so really it's just a lot of wasted effort.
Very good point,theres something sacred about peoples cars,mine too.If I come out of a mall and something is on my truck windshield, I feel like "hey, who the hell was fingering all up on my truck?"Its kind of silly,I don't feel like that when the very same thing happens to my house.

Runner
03-10-2006, 02:20 PM
Hey I got a great idea! This way it's easy, you're still targeting the key neighborhoods you want, AND there are plenty of cars because most of them are there.
What we can do, is put flyers on their cars WHILE they are in their garages! THAT way, we know the neighborhood! And better yet, we'll do it at night! This way we know we'll have plenty of cars to get.:p

CutNLawns
03-10-2006, 04:06 PM
I would venture to say that your response rate would be pretty good compared to just door to door but unfortunatly majority of your responses would be negative. Most people DO NOT like thier cars/trucks messed with, myself included. IMO this is a very negative way of advertising.

I have a nice black crew cab and if I have a flyer under my wiper that means some fat arse had to lean up against my paint or climb up on it just to reach the wiper. That is grounds for someone getting thier shoulders dirty in my book!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PMLAWN
03-10-2006, 04:36 PM
Funny thing, Today at Lowes I come back out from buying some doors in the AM: and there is a paper under the wiper and another in the bottom of the door window. Both from different people and both asking me to call them about work. One about grass and another about remodeling. And I don't even have lettering on the truck. They just knew it was mine.
Works both ways I guess.
As far as stuff under my wiper-- trucks are tools to me so it does not matter. Now my Mustang:nono: :nono:

howardsells2000
03-10-2006, 09:34 PM
Thanks for the replies. I will not be doing this.