PDA

View Full Version : business plan

nyebrand
03-10-2006, 09:18 AM
I would like to start a lawn care business. I have all the knowledge of plants and have run crews before. Before I invest I am trying to make a business plan to see if it is even feasable for me. I would run a typical lawn care service in south Florida, mowing, edging, trimming and blowing and landscape services. Expensis I have done but I am inexperienced in monthly prices to charge and the # of jobs that can be done by a 3 man crew in a 50-54 hour week.

lot size price/mo. # completed per week

0 lot $90 ? ?
1/4-1/3 ac. $200 ? ?
1/2-1 acre $250 ? ?

I know that each has its own particuliars but I need to to get started somewhere and commercial accounts are desireable but again that will come.

any help? Bo Nye

PMLAWN
03-10-2006, 09:53 AM
First let me say that you are off to a great start. You are concerned with a plan and if the business will be doable. That already puts you far ahead of the competition.
You best bet is to use the search button at the top of the page^. Enter the words --Pricing-- Overhead-- Business plan-- Spend some time reading what has to be covered and also what some in your area are getting for work. If you than come back and ask specific questions you will get a lot of help.
With your knowledge and experience you should do good. Best of luck and happy mowing