PDA

View Full Version : using the stuff to keep from getting flat tires

robby
03-10-2006, 07:16 PM
the green stuff ive seen mentioned here that is for flats. How is it put inside the tires. Easy or hard process? thankies

shea
03-10-2006, 07:22 PM
Easy...it comes with a tool to remove the valve stem. Then you attach the bottle to the stem and squeeze the green slim into the tire. Replace valve stem and air up tire.

JKOOPERS
03-10-2006, 07:37 PM
heres i product i seen at the louisville expo by far more superior than slime

www.notubes.com

captken
03-10-2006, 09:40 PM

www.notubes.com

good post, too bad we don't have a grammer check. Makes you seem like a illiterate "lawn boy"

captken
03-10-2006, 09:42 PM
the green stuff ive seen mentioned here that is for flats. How is it put inside the tires. Easy or hard process? thankies
Just begging for the "spell check feature"

ed2hess
03-10-2006, 11:09 PM

www.notubes.com
Green Slime goes in easy and works, is this other stuff cheaper?

JKOOPERS
03-11-2006, 02:28 AM
:hammerhead: :laugh: captken you caught my first mistake kill me :hammerhead:

http://stanstiresealant.com/ this is the direct website for it

Oldtimer
03-11-2006, 11:00 AM
During the past 20 years I have tried several different tire sealants and, based on my experience, Multi-Seal performs better than any other sealant. We have been selling Multi-Seal for 6 years.

http://www.multi-seal.com/Files/atv.pdf

Oldtimer

PGA
03-11-2006, 11:09 AM
good post, too bad we don't have a grammer check. Makes you seem like a illiterate "lawn boy"

You forgot the capital letter at the beginning of the sentence and the period at the end.

PGA
03-11-2006, 11:10 AM
Just begging for the "spell check feature"

No period again. You are 0 for 2 on your English lesson.

all ferris
03-11-2006, 11:16 AM

I didn't know that we were being graded on our grammer at lawnsite. Who really cares?????

Del9175
03-11-2006, 01:42 PM

I usually ignore stuff like this but I couldn't pass this one up. Not only are you guilty of failure to use capital letters at the start of a sentence and no punctuation. You misspelled grammar and it should read "an illiterate" lawn boy. I think an apology is in order lawn boy.

PGA
03-11-2006, 02:19 PM
I usually ignore stuff like this but I couldn't pass this one up. Not only are you guilty of failure to use capital letters at the start of a sentence and no punctuation. You misspelled grammar and it should read "an illiterate" lawn boy. I think an apology is in order lawn boy.

Good post. He should probably invest in this:

http://img.epinions.com/images/opti/3b/8b/0764553224-books-resized200.jpg

cantoo
03-11-2006, 05:46 PM
all ferris, you have too many question marks at the end of your sentence.
Your going straight to the back of the class.

DLCS
03-11-2006, 08:46 PM
I think an apology is in order lawn boy.

We go through this grammar check deal with the Captken every spring. Really, its nothing new. :rolleyes:

sikagrass
03-11-2006, 10:41 PM
Got a flat on my z today and had to use my 33 to finish up a huge property I wish I had that stuff in the tires.We were whupped when it happened too.Do you put the stuff in and air it up or is the slime enough by itself. Thanks.

captken
03-11-2006, 11:22 PM
That was a day that started out bad for me.......:dizzy:

topsites
03-11-2006, 11:29 PM
I go to the Dollar store and pick up a few (3 or 4, maybe 5 or 6) cans of fix-a-flat. They only cost a dollar and most of (fixed a spelling violation) the time fixes your flat or at the very least, you can inflate your tire in a jiffy (such as when you get to the yard before you realize it needs air).

I had one time caught a bad nail and the tire was literally spewing fix-a-flat out of (fixed another spelling violation) the hole as I was riding around. 2 cans later I got'r done, good thing nobody was around watching.

**** DING ****** DING ******** DING ********
Ohhh ccraaaap, my Internet spelling police detector is on high alert !!!
**** DING ****** DING ******** DING ********

Gotta run, see ya !!

Idealtim
03-12-2006, 12:01 AM
Doesn't that slime crap make the next tire change oh-so enjoyable?

Idealtim
03-12-2006, 12:07 AM
Got a flat on my z today and had to use my 33 to finish up a huge property I wish I had that stuff in the tires.We were whupped when it happened too.Do you put the stuff in and air it up or is the slime enough by itself. Thanks.
No the slime is preventive. You unscrew the valve center and attach the can and it all it all goes into the tire. You put the stem back in and air it up. Next time you hit something, the air doesnt get a chance to escape, the slime rolles around, comes out and hardens. Fix a flat just screw on and let it do its thing.

Richard Martin
03-12-2006, 07:54 AM

And nevermind the sentence fragmentation.:hammerhead:

We're just having a little fun Capt Ken, please don't take it personally.

robby
03-12-2006, 12:31 PM
LOL @ the spell check thang. I spent too many years chatting on chat boards where all that was used was abbreviations and slang with no emphasis on proper grammar techniques. Its a hard habit to break. btw, thankies for the replies!

Lux Lawn
03-12-2006, 01:13 PM

www.notubes.com

That video sure is impressive,I may have to pick some of that up.

JKOOPERS
03-12-2006, 02:14 PM
when i was at the expo i watched this guy stab a ice pik into a brand new atv tire that was at least $100 . he just didnt do it once he did it about 30 times . i was like holy sh!t