PDA

View Full Version : consultation firms

Brianslawn
03-10-2006, 06:25 PM
how much do you charge for landscape consulting? keep in mind, any advice you give, even if the customer does landscape themself, or has someone else use your advice for the work, and something goes wrong, like house floods cause no drainage behind retaining wall or something washes out, you can be held liable. at least the customer can try and hold you liable.

is it hourly rate, flat price, do you credit it toward price when you get job, or do you work for free like the lawnboys do?

Dreams To Designs
03-11-2006, 07:22 AM
Hourly rate, depending on distance traveled affects the first hour. I never work for free. If you do not value your time and ability, why would anyone else. Consulting is only that, trying to answer questions and making suggestions. If a job requires more than 3 hours of my time, they need design help and we can accommodate them also. For consulting, you are there to answer specific questions and offer suggestions, not try to landscape their yard. Depending on the client I may offer my email for followup questions and advice, but that get's billed also.

Kirk