PDA

View Full Version : Whats A Good Turf Program?

New Image Lawn and Scapes
03-10-2006, 09:58 PM
Does Anyone Have A Good Turf Program They Could Tell Me About? Thanks.

quiet
03-11-2006, 12:18 PM
Your county extension should have a good program for YOUR area. My program is a good program for MY area. But I have different grasses, different soils, different climate.

Do a search here, also. I'll just bet there is someone in your area that has already shared his expertise!

kyles974
03-11-2006, 01:16 PM
quiet
LawnSite Member Join Date: Jan 2003

Your county extension should have a good program for YOUR area. My program is a good program for MY area. But I have different grasses, different soils, different climate.

Do a search here, also. I'll just bet there is someone in your area that has already shared his expertise!

Great point! Could not of said better!:clapping:

palawnman
03-11-2006, 01:58 PM

If you call your county extension, they have programs for you specific areas? I was never aware of that, I am just getting into this, thanks for the info.

Ron

lilmarvin4064
03-13-2006, 10:34 AM
They can give a good start but your counties recommendations might not be exactly ideal. I'll bet they tell you to apply 1/2 # of N in May and 1 # of N in each (sept, oct, nov) for fescue. Then recomend you use something like 10-10-10 or 46-0-0, all ag ferts. I doubt they even mention anything about pre-emergents or any control products.

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES
03-15-2006, 12:11 AM
After Getting My Soil Sample Back From My Extention Office I Found What Lilmarvin Did. That They Can Tell Me What Is Lacking And What My Ph Is, But All The Fertilizers They Recomended Were Ag Related. My Agent Told Me That Even Though I Am Working On A Lawn, The Whole Process Is Still Centered Around The Agriculture Arena. Hey, Everyone Raise A Few Flags With Your Extention Office And See If We Can Get Some Representation Of Our Own.