PDA

View Full Version : billion dollar a year business

TheHotShotKid
03-10-2006, 09:29 PM
In a previous post somebody said that landscape lighting is a billion dollar a yr. business. is this a figure that was pulled from the air or is it solid factual information and where can it be verified. I'm not trying to start trouble. i just would like to know if this is true.:dancing:

TheHotShotKid
03-11-2006, 10:07 AM
guess it was a bogus figure then, darn i wanted to tapp into that billion

NightScenes
03-11-2006, 10:22 AM
That was a number thrown out to me from a manufacturer a few weeks ago. It might be a little inflated but if you consider how many "manufacturers" there are and how many people buy lighting (intermatic and the like) and install it themselves, along with the business that the irrigators, landscapers, and the landscape lighting people do, it is definitely a very big industry that is growing in leaps and bounds.

NightScenes
03-11-2006, 11:13 AM
I must also add that I believe that they were referring to world wide numbers. I know that in this country alone, it is in the hundreds of millions of dollars. Remember, that when you are talking landscape and architectural lighting, that is a pretty big area. Some of these manufacturers handle HID as well. Some of us contractors use HID as well.

TheHotShotKid
03-11-2006, 10:39 PM
It's really a disservice to all when someone posts info as fact when they don't have anything to back it up.