PDA

View Full Version : z-spray

HoseJockey
03-11-2006, 03:09 AM
Anyone know the price range for the z-max off hand? Also can you spray pre-em out of it? Does anyone have exp. with the Lesco Z2 spreader/sprayer unit?

Thanks

kyles974
03-11-2006, 01:30 PM
Not sure on Z-spray..... never used one.... though it looks like a great machine!

BUT..... you may want to check out my ZTR spreader/sprayer in the sales forum!

ps.... you should be able to spray anthing threw any machine just by changing the spray nozzels... check out Tee-Jet's web site, you can find all the info you need, just dig!

cemars
03-11-2006, 04:49 PM
Anyone know the price range for the z-max off hand? Also can you spray pre-em out of it? Does anyone have exp. with the Lesco Z2 spreader/sprayer unit?

Thanks

The price is around $8500 and worth every penny. I suppose you could change the nozzles to spray at 1 gal per k and spray liquid pre-m but you would cover less than an acre between fills. We spread granular barricade or dimension and use the tanks for broadleaf only at 1/3 gal per k so they cover a minimum of almost 3 acres.

HoseJockey
03-11-2006, 04:58 PM
Thanks for the info.
what kinda results can you expect from the dry product compared to the liquid? We were talking bout going dry on our larger props. but hate the thought of us chasing our butts this summer after crabgrass and such.

DUSTYCEDAR
03-11-2006, 05:04 PM
i know a guy that does half rate with the zspray going over the area twice to get total coverage and it has worked well
i was going to try it with my pg and see if i can get it to work on a test plot

Killswitch
03-11-2006, 05:18 PM
What will they be next year....9500? They go up a grand every year just like the PG.

What a joke.

Im thinking of buying a Lesco HP and retrofitting my own 12 volt unit for a few hundred.

Productive machines but ffs.....9 grand?

Oh and that Lesco z-turd or whatever it is looks silly, and is just a ripoff of the old turf tracker unit.

HoseJockey
03-11-2006, 05:38 PM
we had a old spray unit that looked like it was fitted on a dixie chopper frame. It was very productive. But the spreader was in the front so you could see what you were doing. Was wondering if the lesco was as productive or just another lesco money pit.

Tscape
03-11-2006, 06:30 PM
we had a old spray unit that looked like it was fitted on a dixie chopper frame. It was very productive. But the spreader was in the front so you could see what you were doing. Was wondering if the lesco was as productive or just another lesco money pit.

That's the old Turf Tracker from C&S. Now they make the Time Machine, which looks like you are riding a ten speed bicycle seat on a shaft that sticks it right up yer...uhm...you know what.

You can piss and moan about prices going up all over the place, but if you stick it to the Z-spray for being at fault for somehow being connected to the rising cost of everything, well that's just not fair. I bought mine 2 years ago for $7500, and I really ought to get my checkbook out and right Tom Rich a check for 2 grand, cause I stole it from him. I'll just work it off as an advocate.

Green-Pro
03-11-2006, 08:02 PM
What will they be next year....9500? They go up a grand every year just like the PG.

What a joke.

Im thinking of buying a Lesco HP and retrofitting my own 12 volt unit for a few hundred.

Productive machines but ffs.....9 grand?

Oh and that Lesco z-turd or whatever it is looks silly, and is just a ripoff of the old turf tracker unit.

Not quite, I bought a Z Spray, ordered it when the last years brochure and price list were still available. I got this years price list in the mail recently, I even dug out a 2005 price list:

'05 Intermediate $7295

'06 Intermediate $7495

'07 Intermediate based upon the last price list I received one month ago $7495

In fact the only price difference I see in comparing last years list to this most recent one is on the JR '06 $6995 and for '07 a whopping $7095 for a grand total increase of $100.
Yep Tom is laughing all the way to the bank on that kind of price increase

Tscape
03-11-2006, 08:36 PM
The damn thing is still $7500?!? See, I was just going off what y'all said it was. Now go buy one. Or don't. But your stupid if you don't. The thing needs virtually no maintenance, never breaks, and is ideal for lawns from 3,000 ft2 to 10+ acres. What else could you possibly want? Oh, and its sold by the nicest guy I have ever met in this industry.

Killswitch
03-11-2006, 09:05 PM
I never blamed anyone for anything. You have the Max not the Intermediate TS....different price.

Anyways....good units. Ill probably buy one or the other sooner or later. Im just not hapy with the price.

Green-Pro
03-11-2006, 09:44 PM
I never blamed anyone for anything. You have the Max not the Intermediate TS....different price.

Anyways....good units. Ill probably buy one or the other sooner or later. Im just not hapy with the price.

O.k. I put wrong year on my post, the part at the end anyway,

In fact the only price difference I see in comparing last years list to this most recent one is on the JR '06 $6995 and for '07 a whopping $7095

The information regarding price is correct though, The JR is the only fert & squirt machine of the four models they manufacture to go up in price. Yes the Max costs more than the Intermediate, but the Intermediate costs more than the JR and the JR is more expensive than the WB model.
See where I'm going? The original statement you made on price to the consumer was incorrect KS and to now mention that the Max is more expensive than the Intermediate is simply overstating the obvious, they are different machines.

Anyway I would strongly encourage you to get some information from Tom at Z Spray and debate the points of its usefulness to your operation I think you will be "converted" LOL :waving:

I put Pre-Em down on my yard today and will be starting applications in earnest end of next week. Sure made a heckuva difference applying to my yard (2 acres lots of beds, trees, swingset, etc.) I fully anticipate this little fella increasing my profit on the merits of sheer efficiency.

Tscape
03-11-2006, 10:58 PM

You know what? Just get over here and take mine for a spin.

Killswitch
03-11-2006, 11:49 PM
You know what? Just get over here and take mine for a spin.

**** that. I cant afford one right now.

lol

But if and when I decide to I'll come demo yours....and you can put me in touch with the owner.

I may even call on you for a few weed control only apps I have.....5 acres.

What would you do WC only for....two sites. 2 and 3 acres. Ones in A2 and ones on Carpenter in North Milan by Judd.

Easy sites....day cares though. Saturday only. Some fenced in areas I can backpack.....so just wide open areas.

Lemee know.....

But yeah....ya know actually I do hope I need to invest in one. I really do.....but Ive just invested....well 11,000 in new equipment. I.E JD 757 trailer misc gear....

And the phone isnt ringing off the hook yet either so......we'll see there Mr Z.

lol.

Russ
03-12-2006, 08:34 AM
Now go buy one. Or don't. But your stupid if you don't. The thing needs virtually no maintenance, never breaks, and is ideal for lawns from 3,000 ft2 to 10+ acres. What else could you possibly want? Oh, and its sold by the nicest guy I have ever met in this industry.

Well said. I could not agree more.

DUSTYCEDAR
03-12-2006, 11:32 AM
tom is a stand up guy he has helped me with anything i may need for my z-pluger i have several friends in the area they had to get them after running mine
i dont have a z-spray yet but will someday