PDA

View Full Version : What small mower should I purchase?

Landlover lawns
03-11-2006, 08:09 AM
I currently have an eXmark 36" walk behind that I am very happy with. Some customers prefer a smaller mower. I am interested in the eXmark 26" or a small Toro. Let me know what you think about how these handle and cut.

LawnTamer
03-11-2006, 10:44 AM
I've loved my 21" Toro Prolines. Built like little tanks, and pretty fast. I wouldn't touch a 26" exmark till they've been out for a few years and worked out all the bugs and shaved a few lbs off them. I haven't seen a single positive post on the 26, and I've seen a lot of dealers that won't even sell them till they re-work the design. The dealers are just tired of dealing with all the problems, update kits and people who want refunds.

DFW Area Landscaper
03-11-2006, 10:54 AM
The 26" mowers look like they've just got too much weight on those skinny back tires.

We use Honda HRC216HXA's and they seem to work well enough.

Later,
DFW Area Landscaper

MTR
03-11-2006, 12:13 PM
I currently have an eXmark 36" walk behind that I am very happy with. Some customers prefer a smaller mower. I am interested in the eXmark 26" or a small Toro. Let me know what you think about how these handle and cut.

36" pretty small already, it is wasting money running 21 or 26... I have run 36" Metro for 2 1/2 seasons and I have never encountered or found a single customer complaints that my Metro is too big! Now all my mowers are all 52", TTHP and Gravely 152....never look back. Sold happily 36" metro.