PDA

View Full Version : Contacting potential customers in the spring

Joel B.
03-11-2006, 09:28 AM
How soon do you send out letters/flyers in the spring? If you send them out too early the people will forget about you by the time mowing season comes, of course too late and they will have already signed up with someone else. I was thinking about a month in advance of the "normal" mowing start time...............too early, too late? What do you think?

Thanks,

Joel B.

PGA
03-11-2006, 09:34 AM
I use postcards and I target a certain area of about 1000 houses. These houses are worth anywhere from 600,000 to 4 million. I send them out every 2 weeks for 3 months.

deereman
03-11-2006, 09:42 AM
Joel B , If it were me I would get cracking here with this in the next couple of days! You are in my area and it will be starting to get nice out there now.I have a few more possible accts that I need to talk to and I fear that I may already be to late!!!!:hammerhead:

ArkansasLawns
03-11-2006, 09:46 AM
Get them out NOW! Its like pre-emergent for your lawn. Its best to get it out early. By the time you see you need it it will be too late.

PGA
03-11-2006, 09:54 AM
Sorry, I forgot to add that I start in Feb and run through Apr.

proenterprises
03-11-2006, 11:17 AM
I just sent renewal letter out to clients yesterday. It was 60 degrees yesterday and today as well. While the season is not starting yet, the warm weather really should get people thinking!