PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using a Gravely Pro H Walk Behind

T and T Lawn Care
03-11-2006, 12:37 PM
Looking at purchasing the 17 hp 48" Gravely Pro H, Hydro Pro-Steer. Just curious if anyone out threre and using it for commercial mowing. If so, how is it on hills and does it stripe well. Thanks.

MTR
03-11-2006, 12:46 PM
Looking at purchasing the 17 hp 48" Gravely Pro H, Hydro Pro-Steer. Just curious if anyone out threre and using it for commercial mowing. If so, how is it on hills and does it stripe well. Thanks.

I use eXmark 52"TTHP but my competitor has been running 36" Gravely hydro pro steer for like 2 seasons now, he loves it and as I saw it cut well...as well as my tracer.

one man gang
03-11-2006, 11:57 PM
I have the 17 hp 52" (no pro steer)and it handles hills no prob. and good stripe. It's a beast and it hauls ass

thill
03-12-2006, 12:02 AM
We have two of the Gravely 48" with ProSteer and two of the 36" with proSteet and LOVE them. One of each is hydro, the others are belt.

They ain't bullet proof but are pretty close.

They hydros are worth the cost difference.

Hope this helps
Tom

griffy77
03-12-2006, 03:38 AM
Not bullet proof? BS. These machines are TANKS

I have run nothing but gravley. Not once have i ever had it in the shop, however i do take good care of my equipment. Other than Lesco they are the cheapest is the industry. You get the most bang for your buck with gravley.
I live in WV and there is no such thing as flat land around here. It climbs hills like a goat, and leaves a beautiful cut.

You cant go wrong with Gravley, they are the grandpappy of mowers.

hope this helps some :)

jtkplc
03-12-2006, 12:28 PM
I have a Gravely Pro-H 36" with Pro Steer. I have found that Gravely's stripe very well without a striping kit. I don't mow many hills or have any other experience with another walk-behind to comare to in order to comment on that really, but the little I have used it on hills I don't have any complaints.

I really love the 8.5 MPH ground speed and the J-pin height adjustment of the Gravely.