PDA

View Full Version : Removing cement from paint

Markf
03-11-2006, 01:19 PM
Picked up a used F550 a week ago and left it with the plow dealer. Ford dealer then picked up the truck to do warranty work. Pick it up the other day and notice cement droplets on the passenger door and fender. None of the two facilities is having work done so it is possible that a cement truck got passed on the way to the dealer from the plow installer. Question-how do you safely remove the cement from the paint without scratching the paint or destroying the finish? I am going to try a pressure washer in hopes that the cement will come off easily after it becomes soaked.
Mark

Gravel Rat
03-11-2006, 10:37 PM
Are you talking about dried concrete or dry cement powder ?

If its cement powered DONOT get it wet use something like WD-40 to wash it off adding water turns cement into acidic and will eat the paint.

If its concrete try the WD-40 but you will already have paint damage not much you can do about it.

C&K Trucking
03-12-2006, 09:36 AM
muriatic acid, will take concrete off of paint and anything else for that matter, Thats what we used at a local concrete batch plant to clean up the mixer drums, Warning : Make sure you have plenty of ventilation this stuff hits concrete and the fumes will knock ya on your butt , Bout knocked me off the ladder of a mixer once the wind changed and whewwwwwwwwww my lord what a way for your lungs to say nahhhh huhhhhh im not breathing that stuff , . Wear rubber gloves as well .Eye protection . this stuff is not to be taken lightly

MURIATIC ACID CLEANER, RUST/STAIN CONCRETE REMOVER.......Inhibited solution of HCL. Cleaner and deruster. Dissolves scale, lime and mineral deposits and rust. Used to treat and delime concrete floors prior to sealing and painting. An excellent concrete and mortar remover to remove excess concrete from trucks and equipment.