PDA

View Full Version : What to buy

DAZ982500
03-11-2006, 04:44 PM
I sold off some of my older equipment.I have a couple thousand 3k and want to buy a new wb.Most of the properties I service would be considered to be in the small range 5k sq ft, I do have a few medium size properties and 2 larger places no commercial customers.I began pricing mowers and looking at different ones, these are the selections.EXMARK, SCAGG,JD and Gravely.I am impressed with EXMARK and SCAGG.I can get a 36" metro ecs 2300 a 48" 2900 and Scagg 48" 2700.I think I can get the 36" cheaper because it is one year old.My second thought and question would be whether to go for the 36" rather than the 48" baseed on price and property sizes I have indicated.I do have 2 gated yards which I can get through with 21" ARIENS Trimming mower but would take longer.I have run ad this week to see about picking up new customers and depending on outcome this should help me choose the size too.Any thoughts would be helpful.Dave

GrassFearsMe
03-11-2006, 09:15 PM
your best bet is to go with a 36. i would suggest the exmark b/c we still run ours and its like 3 yrs old. we put a beating on that machine and it still runs and cuts like new. but seriously you need to own a 36 b4 you get anything bigger especially if you are looking for more accounts. good luck.

befnme
03-11-2006, 09:32 PM
i have an older 48" scag w/b and it works great .

PaulJ
03-12-2006, 11:05 AM
Look at Hustler walk behinds. Might be a bit more $ but well worth it. Built to the same or better standerds than most ztr's. plus H-bar controls=the best.

houssien
03-12-2006, 08:32 PM
I started 2 years ago and i only do houses ,i got 48" husqvarna walk behind and realy doing great with it

houssien
03-12-2006, 08:35 PM
I sold off some of my older equipment.I have a couple thousand 3k and want to buy a new wb.Most of the properties I service would be considered to be in the small range 5k sq ft, I do have a few medium size properties and 2 larger places no commercial customers.I began pricing mowers and looking at different ones, these are the selections.EXMARK, SCAGG,JD and Gravely.I am impressed with EXMARK and SCAGG.I can get a 36" metro ecs 2300 a 48" 2900 and Scagg 48" 2700.I think I can get the 36" cheaper because it is one year old.My second thought and question would be whether to go for the 36" rather than the 48" baseed on price and property sizes I have indicated.I do have 2 gated yards which I can get through with 21" ARIENS Trimming mower but would take longer.I have run ad this week to see about picking up new customers and depending on outcome this should help me choose the size too.Any thoughts would be helpful.Dave
I started 2 years ago and i only got houses i got 48"husqvarna walk behind i got it with 2500 $and its realy great mower

baddboygeorge
03-12-2006, 10:59 PM
36 scag all the way !!