PDA

View Full Version : Stolen Stihl edger Stolen Shindaiwa trimmer

captken
03-11-2006, 04:46 PM
I was on my way to pickup my new Shindaiwa T270 when I got the call from my neighbor. A guy drives up, jumps out of a car, makes a beeline to my trailer and grabs the edger and a trimmer.
My neighbor was on her way to the mailbox and saw everything. She got a description, a tag number and the make of vehicle.
She told me that when the guy saw her, he didn't waste any time putting the stuff in the car, he put them in the sunroof!

She said they were sticking straight up when he drove away.

I called the police and they made a report....,about an hour later,
I decided to do some investigating on my own.
2 pawn shops later, BINGO!:) They were still on the counter, and hadn't been put in the back.
Now I have to talk to a detective Monday. I hope they don't hold them for evidence. I don't want to buy new ones because of this.

Tom c.
03-11-2006, 05:23 PM
Nice going, Its a sorry world we live in when you have to lock up everything you own just to walk away for a few minutes.And the other thing is the police :hammerhead: dont want to be bothered with small crimes. If you didnt find them your self you probably would have never seen them again!!! Ive had a 67 chevelle stolen out of a locked garage!wheels stolen while went in the house for lunch!! As far as im concerned put thieves in JAIL!!!:hammerhead:

Grn Mtn
03-11-2006, 05:33 PM
Had my stuff ripped off last year, really pissed me off because I went from having 2 new and one older back-up to just 1 new after the insurance money minus deductable.

captken
03-11-2006, 08:51 PM
How much would you expect to pay for a used FC85 Stihl edger and a T270 Shindaiwa trimmer?

Would you believe the idiot who stole my equipment pawned them both for 50 bucks! He must have needed that "hit" awful bad.

That's 25 dollars apiece....and I still have to meet with a detective to see if I can get them back, they have a police hold on them....I provided them with the serial numbers when they did the initial report...they may have to hold them as evidence....

stevo22
03-11-2006, 10:49 PM
ken, let me know when and where if you find out who they are and i'll come over for a good ole redneck arse whoopin...that crap really pisses me off...

topsites
03-11-2006, 11:23 PM
Had my stuff ripped off last year, really pissed me off because I went from having 2 new and one older back-up to just 1 new after the insurance money minus deductable.

Really pissed me off because in my case they took the nice one and left me with the old one. Half the reason I bought a 4-cycler, and more the reason why nowadays I leave most of my stuff at home - Never carry more than what you will use that day, and always plan on doing ALL the same work all day long (so less equipment needed).

yeh, sux

Ken,
Glad you found your stuff, I'd see about turning in those license plate numbers too (even if the car is stolen).

jsf343
03-12-2006, 01:03 AM
One word, IDIOTS! So sad that people have to do that, I am thrilled you were able to find them and eventually get them back. I don't think you will find one person on here that wouldn't't mind catching them in the act and being able to pound them into the earth with a bat, but then you know how the story would go................ " Man beat up with baseball bat by crazed landscaper", says he has no idea why the owner snapped and beat him with a bat. Man says he was minding his own business and just driving by when he felt wood lightning strike. Man also says he will go ahead with multiple charges and lawsuit. "I want to teach this guy a lesson, I have my rights too!" something like that, I know its a little far fetched but you do hear about crap like that all the time. Bottom line, I am glad you were the winner on this one. jeff

garth1967
03-12-2006, 04:45 AM
nice work and good thinking.wouldn't ya love to be around when these guys to this ****.i know laws are different from state to state and country to country but where i stand i can tell the police to leave my gear alone,give it back, i have been inconvenienced enough

kosty
03-12-2006, 08:31 AM
yea they will give you them back to you in a day or so. You will have to have your neighbor identify the guy, to have him put in jail. This happend to a friend of mine that owns a pizza shop, he had a stainless table on his trailer, well two guys came up and stole the table. in broad daylight while the shop was open. So we went on a hunt for them as the cops would do it. And as we knew it was the famous green dodge scrape man who took it. well the morn lived a few blocks away. so i drove by the house the table was in the back yard and called the cops they didnt do anything except let him get the table back bc we didnt have an exact id of the two guys. Well 3 weeks ago i bought my 6*12 home and parked it out side for 5 minutes to pull in to the driveway to hook back up to my plow well. As soon as i pull out the green dodge is up half way up the street with my trailer. well i got it back but it wasnt easy. had cops thier and everything and he told them it was his trailer that he found along side of the road. they didnt do anything except give me the trailer back.

Allen's LS
03-12-2006, 09:08 AM
yea they will give you them back to you in a day or so. You will have to have your neighbor identify the guy, to have him put in jail. This happend to a friend of mine that owns a pizza shop, he had a stainless table on his trailer, well two guys came up and stole the table. in broad daylight while the shop was open. So we went on a hunt for them as the cops would do it. And as we knew it was the famous green dodge scrape man who took it. well the morn lived a few blocks away. so i drove by the house the table was in the back yard and called the cops they didnt do anything except let him get the table back bc we didnt have an exact id of the two guys. Well 3 weeks ago i bought my 6*12 home and parked it out side for 5 minutes to pull in to the driveway to hook back up to my plow well. As soon as i pull out the green dodge is up half way up the street with my trailer. well i got it back but it wasnt easy. had cops thier and everything and he told them it was his trailer that he found along side of the road. they didnt do anything except give me the trailer back.

This is why we need to bring a little vigilantyism back. I garantee if you let some of that happen. Crimes like that would go way down. Up here in WA. You have to steal 6 or 7 cars before you get anything more than a slap on the rist.:angry:

kmann
03-13-2006, 03:13 AM
I was on my way to pickup my new Shindaiwa T270 when I got the call from my neighbor. A guy drives up, jumps out of a car, makes a beeline to my trailer and grabs the edger and a trimmer.
My neighbor was on her way to the mailbox and saw everything. She got a description, a tag number and the make of vehicle.
She told me that when the guy saw her, he didn't waste any time putting the stuff in the car, he put them in the sunroof!

She said they were sticking straight up when he drove away.

I called the police and they made a report....,about an hour later,
I decided to do some investigating on my own.
2 pawn shops later, BINGO!:) They were still on the counter, and hadn't been put in the back.
Now I have to talk to a detective Monday. I hope they don't hold them for evidence. I don't want to buy new ones because of this.
Why don't the police charge the Pawn Shop Owner for receiving stolen property?

captken
03-13-2006, 10:09 AM
Why don't the police charge the Pawn Shop Owner for receiving stolen property?

hmmm..? The guy had to have proper ID to pawn them. I never pawned anything so I don't really know the procedure.
The pawnshop owner said they were going to pursue fraud charges against him.
I'll know more today when I try to get them back.
kenny.

davidcalhoun
03-13-2006, 04:49 PM
Most pawn shops require picture ID and a thumb print. They also are required to turn in a report of all the merchandise they have recieved to the police every month or so.

If either the police or original owner discovers that someone has turned in stolen merchandise, the pawn shop provides the sellers information to the police.

captken
03-13-2006, 09:17 PM
They got his fingerprints and copy of his DL [plus the pawn ticket] from the pawn shop, according to the detective.
The description of the car and liscense plate that my witness gave was enough information that the guy got stopped on Saturday night.
He went straight to jail, charged with larceny. The detective said he started crying and then confessed to taking my stuff. He told me he thought the guy appeared to be relieved after he was arrested. They found "numerous" other pawn tickets in the car he was driving.
He explained that he was on a "crack binge" and couldn't stop. He had ran out of money and was stealing what ever he could find to get the next blast....they showed me his picture and he was a clean cut guy, not generally the image one might associate with a crack addict, except for the scary eyes.
I was lucky to get my stuff back today and not have to wait, but because they are tools of my trade and I was the victom, they decided not to hold my stuff until he goes to trial...could be 6 months or more.
When I left, they were talking about piling other charges on top of that.
25 years old, the detective said he was a know addict and that his family had disowned him. His family lives nearby.