PDA

View Full Version : 24 hp BRIGGS AND STRATON ON 48 SCAG????

Piscitelli Landscape
03-11-2006, 06:49 PM
Ok What Do You Guys Think About The Supposly New 24 Hp Briggs And Stratton On The Scag Tiger Cub. It Is Called The Extended Life Engine With Crome Valves. I Have Ahd Kawasaki And Kohlers And Always Had Good Luck But I Dont Even Know What Other Engine Is Offered In 2006 With A 48 Inch Tiger Cub Besides This. Is This Engine Worth A Shot I Need To Know Asap.

rob1325
03-11-2006, 08:18 PM
They offer the 19 Kawi and 23 kohler with 48 " too

Restrorob
03-11-2006, 08:43 PM
If it's the Vanguard engine they are really a good engine, If it's the Intek they are not so good for daily commercial use.

Roger
03-11-2006, 09:09 PM
This was discussed in a recent thread. Follow the thread down a few posts for this very topic.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=135346&page=2&highlight=esl

Mowingman
03-11-2006, 10:37 PM
You may not have any choice of engines on Scag mowers except B&S pretty soon. Word has it that Scag is for sale, and the leading contender to get it is B&S.

Envy Lawn Service
03-11-2006, 10:58 PM
Briggs owns Simplicity, which owns 3 brands of ZTR's.
(Derby, Ferris, Snapper)

They still offer all the engine options.

TURF DOCTOR
03-11-2006, 11:06 PM
It's the intek it might seem fine i don't think they would put a cheap moter on there machines,we stayed clear for this reason, we was hooked in a trade on a tiger cub and decided not to trade for this reason i could have bought the mower a lot cheaper than the 19 kaw,my 2 cents i would not buy 1 now give em a little time and see how it goes,the vanguards are proven machines this is the american version.

Envy Lawn Service
03-11-2006, 11:24 PM
Not the Intek...

This was clarified in the other thread. This is a good engine Scag is using. It has the 2 year commercial warranty. Intek's don't carry that warranty. Only the true Briggs I/C, Vanguard and I/C ELS have 2 year commercial warranties and all are great engines.

TURF DOCTOR
03-11-2006, 11:30 PM
I argued the same thing to my scag dealer he stated it's the american version intek with a 2 year warranty,so if it's not a intek what is it.

Envy Lawn Service
03-12-2006, 03:24 AM
It's an I/C (Industrial Commercial) or an I/C ELS.

Obviously it's not the same grade of engine as the Inteks you would find on a homeowner lawn tractor or similar application. Two different animals internally and two different warranties.

Prior to the release of the "big block" Vanguards, many dealers were calling these engines 'the new Vanguards' - 'American made Vanguards' - 'I/C Twin Series' ect...

As I said in the other thread, it's a great engine and I would take it in a heartbeat over any of the other engine offerings on the Tiger Cub... and I say that having owned the engines in question.

TURF DOCTOR
03-12-2006, 09:55 AM
Is it a american or japanese version the block, the carb,i have never saw 1.