PDA

View Full Version : Just another day at the jobsite...

thepawnshop
03-11-2006, 09:54 PM
I have been away from the jobsite for a couple of months taking care of my other businesses and have had two different operators running my JD 322 CTL. Well, I got a phone call telling me that one of the hand locking levers for quick tach had miraculously broken off. Neither of the operators did it..I know this because I asked them. They both ASSURED me it wasn't either of them. I guess now I have to question the quality of the Deere equipment since steel handles just fall off by themselves...

No one will EVER take care of your equipment like you will. As of Monday, I am back digging in the dirt and I can hardly wait. I know things get broken on the jobsite, but it easier to stomach when you do it yourself.

:realmad:

Scag48
03-12-2006, 04:19 AM
Yep, we will never hire operators. My dad was an idiot and rented out our 303 to a guy he knew that is a well driller. The guy needed the machine for like 4 hours, so dad rented it to him for like $200 thinking that it's making more money out running than it would be sitting at the shop. The machine came back all scratched up around the counterweight and side panels all the way around the machine like he had been working next to some very sturdy bushes. The guy also dropped something to crack the hell out of the clear plastic cover over the instrument panel so now it's hard to read the guages. People will never treat your machine as nicely as you do, period.

Dirty Water
03-12-2006, 12:43 PM
Yep, we will never hire operators. My dad was an idiot and rented out our 303 to a guy he knew that is a well driller. The guy needed the machine for like 4 hours, so dad rented it to him for like $200 thinking that it's making more money out running than it would be sitting at the shop. The machine came back all scratched up around the counterweight and side panels all the way around the machine like he had been working next to some very sturdy bushes. The guy also dropped something to crack the hell out of the clear plastic cover over the instrument panel so now it's hard to read the guages. People will never treat your machine as nicely as you do, period.

In 4 hours?

Unbelievable.

Scag48
03-12-2006, 04:02 PM
Yeah, that's what I said. I had put 120 hours on the machine without doing ANY damage to the machine and he probably only put maybe 1-2 operating hours on the machine and did all that. It's a little aggrevating.

gammon landscaping
03-12-2006, 09:40 PM
come guys i know you have looked around the renatl yards and seen all the stuff with 2-300 hours on it that look like it is ready for the scrap pile

Gravel Rat
03-13-2006, 12:56 AM
Operators here are not hard on equipment as if you break the equipment you fix it. If you damage the equipment real bad your fired no questions asked you have your walking papers.

Most contractors that have operators tell their operators you run the machine like you own it.

You get damage to the machine there is nothing you can do about it but plain carelessness and abusing the machine isn't necessary.

olderthandirt
03-13-2006, 01:07 AM
I have been away from the jobsite for a couple of months taking care of my other businesses and have had two different operators running my JD 322 CTL. Well, I got a phone call telling me that one of the hand locking levers for quick tach had miraculously broken off. Neither of the operators did it..I know this because I asked them. They both ASSURED me it wasn't either of them. I guess now I have to question the quality of the Deere equipment since steel handles just fall off by themselves...

No one will EVER take care of your equipment like you will. As of Monday, I am back digging in the dirt and I can hardly wait. I know things get broken on the jobsite, but it easier to stomach when you do it yourself.

:realmad:

2 operator or employees working for a wage while your away. You make most of the money while they do the work. So naturally no one will take as good of care of your equipment as you would BUT no ones making the profits that you are either.
Its all part of the cost of doing business.

thepawnshop
03-13-2006, 09:11 AM
So naturally no one will take as good of care of your equipment as you would BUT no ones making the profits that you are either.

Guilty, Sir, as charged! :dancing:

qps
03-13-2006, 10:05 AM
2 operator or employees working for a wage while your away. You make most of the money while they do the work. So naturally no one will take as good of care of your equipment as you would BUT no ones making the profits that you are either.

So true.....it just sucks to see someone abuse something it took you so long to get to the point of buying, and just a job to them.( always will be) but that's the way the games played...