PDA

View Full Version : Equipment Rental cost passed on to Cust.

PerfiCut L&L
03-12-2006, 05:49 AM
For those of you that dont own a skidsteer, what do you pay to rent one and how much do you charge your customer for the rental?

Here we pay $225 a day for bobcat with trailer.

cedarcroft
03-12-2006, 07:45 AM
I charge the customer $750 per day for man and machine. If I have to rent a machine sometimes I make a little less depending on the machine. In other words, renting a T300 will cost me $425 a day and a regular bobcat will cost about $250-300. so I make a little less on the bigger machine. However, I also add myself into the equation for all labor costs for a job. so I am making my hourly rate and the operator rate on top of that, so it works out in the end. hope that helps.

SLSNursery
03-12-2006, 08:04 AM
Even if you own skidsteers and trailers, as we do, you pass that cost along to the customer just like a rental. It's the only way you'll be able to keep them and replace them. Even though we own them we use the local rental rates as a gauge to keep our charges in line. The rental rates are higher than the cost of ownership, so this helps keeps profits in line.

Kohls Landscaping Co
03-14-2006, 01:12 AM
Here's rental prices in Ohio:
Bobcat T190= $220/day
Bobcat 763= $140/day
Bobcat S220= $170/day
John Deere 240= $140/day
John Deere 260= $170/day

Even if you own skidsteers and trailers, as we do, you pass that cost along to the customer just like a rental. It's the only way you'll be able to keep them and replace them.

Definately agree. Rental stores that are still in business obviously know what they are doing. I see them as a good guide to charge the customer for the piece of equipment. On top of the rental rate, charge your hourly rate for an experience skid steer operator.

Don't forget to include gas/diesel costs and pick-up/delivery charges.

Dave