PDA

View Full Version : Trying to decide

jmsmbry
03-12-2006, 09:43 AM
I am in the market for a lawn tractor/mower. I have about three acres. I have seriously considered the Kubota GR2100 which has a diesel engine, 54" cut and the new glide steer system. Also have thought about ZTR mowers. Since my three acres is not real smooth, speed is not a real issue. Any toughts or recommendation on such a significant purchase?

zim bob the landscaper
03-12-2006, 09:45 AM
well if u mow other lawns just get a lesco. they are pretty cheap and fast.

westwind
03-12-2006, 09:47 AM
Are you a business owner or is this just for your property. If it is just for you i would reccomend a homeowner tractor, as you can do more with it ie.. pull trailer, snowblower, large cutting deck, smoother ride. JMO

jmsmbry
03-12-2006, 09:51 AM
I have a small lawn business that myself and son operate. Something else that concerned me about ZTR is that it always takes two hands on the controls to steer while the steering wheel type only needs one hand. This is a small thing I realize but it would be nice not to have to stop every time you wanted to take a drink of water!

zim bob the landscaper
03-12-2006, 09:59 AM
ok then i would recamend the ZTR u can use it for your lawn and other lawn and grow on that peice of equiptment.

Duck Dodger
03-12-2006, 10:04 AM
You can drive most ztrs with one hand if you are goping staight. I have never felt the need to stop in the middle of a 3 acre property to get a drink. Maybe you should get a camelpack.