PDA

View Full Version : 5'x10' Dump Trailer MFGs in the Pacific NW?

bigdane
03-12-2006, 01:20 PM
Anyone have any suggestions as to where I can get a 5x10 dump trailer here in Portland, OR. I've found a number of 5x8s. Thing is, I need the largest single axle dump I can find because I have to be able to spin it from my ally into my backyard.
Landscape gate that dubs as a spreader? How does that work?
:dizzy:

bigdane
03-12-2006, 08:56 PM
Anyone have any suggestions as to where I can get a 5x10 dump trailer here in Portland, OR. I've found a number of 5x8s. Thing is, I need the largest single axle dump I can find because I have to be able to spin it from my ally into my backyard.
Landscape gate that dubs as a spreader? How does that work?
:dizzy:

How about Trailers Ect. Mean anything to anyone? Are they in Dallas OR or Sandpoint ID. Can't get a response from their 800# awns machine. Are they out of business?

How about Load Trail?

janb
03-13-2006, 12:32 AM
try these guys (chehalis, WA) under the 'uncle sam sign'
http://www.carsontrailersales.com/
888-390-5721
Email) sales@carsontrailersales.com

There is also a pretty big dealer on Columbia Blvd, between Humane Society and MLK

looks like your pushing it for a single axle, but I understand your issue (tight spaces)

imjustdave
03-13-2006, 06:37 PM
How much do u want to haul ? 1 yard of dirt is abot 3K lbs, a single axel trailer is about maxed out. are you going to be backing this trailer by hand into the location you want? Because a empty dual axel trailer is easy to back in yes there are some bindings but not impossiable and not to mention safer going down the road.

janb
03-13-2006, 07:23 PM
pretty cheap 4x8 in paper today ($1700) with 'hog racks' (extended sides)

bigdane
03-14-2006, 12:40 AM
I think a 5200lb 5x10 single axle dump would be sufice for most of my jobs. I'm a part timer. I mostly replace lawn and do clean ups. My vehicle is an 02 Excursion w/ the 7.3 Turbo. A little extra weight in the trailer shouldn't hurt. Those dumps are built well.
Yeah I have to spin it from my ally into my 8' back gate by hand. I'm big and strong but not ... enough to spin a tandem on asphalt I don't think?
I would have bought the think a week ago if the people that advertise the 5x10 ... would call me back. I'll guess I will call their 800 # again tomorrow and leave another message. Thank you for calling ... please leave a message and we will do nothing as soon as possible.

bigdane
03-14-2006, 12:41 AM
I think a 5200lb 5x10 single axle dump would be suffice for most of my jobs. I'm a part timer. I mostly replace lawn and do clean ups. My vehicle is an 02 Excursion w/ the 7.3 Turbo. A little extra weight in the trailer shouldn't hurt. Those dumps are built well.
Yeah I have to spin it from my ally into my 8' back gate by hand. I'm big and strong but not ... enough to spin a tandem on asphalt I don't think?
I would have bought the think a week ago if the people that advertise the 5x10 ... would call me back. I'll guess I will call their 800 # again tomorrow and leave another message. Thank you for calling ... please leave a message and we will do nothing as soon as possible.