PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have an edge-it they want to get rid of?

cochino12
03-12-2006, 12:41 PM
Let me know if you want to sell your edge-it trimmer attachment. Not sure about them yet, thanks

adam

procut
03-12-2006, 01:19 PM
I don't believe I've ever seen one for sale used. If your looking to pick one up cheap, try ebay, thats where I got mine.

twj721
03-12-2006, 01:35 PM
how much would you give for one ?

robertsturf
03-12-2006, 01:37 PM
What type of trimmer are you putting it on? I have one I used 2 times for a Stihl trimmer. I would sell cheap. It's still shiney , even though it has a little grass on it. Trent 816-350-0886.

Splicer
03-12-2006, 01:44 PM
Let me know if you want to sell your edge-it trimmer attachment. Not sure about them yet, thanks

adam
Are you talking about a split shaft trimmer accessory that can be used in place of the trimming attachment? I have not seen them used but lowes or HD used to sell the RYOBI model. I'll get a pic of mine and post it. Oh, BTW it is not for sale but I do like it as it does a great job of edging.

robertsturf
03-12-2006, 01:47 PM
The Edgit I have is a large round disc that replaces the trimmer guard on the end of the shaft and rolls on the ground next to the pavement to guide you in edging. I also acts as a guard for the clippings caused from trimming.

Splicer
03-12-2006, 01:50 PM
The Edgit I have is a large round disc that replaces the trimmer guard on the end of the shaft and rolls on the ground next to the pavement to guide you in edging. I also acts as a guard for the clippings caused from trimming.
Got a pic? I am having trouble visualizing what you are describing:confused:

robertsturf
03-12-2006, 01:52 PM
They do have a web site. I just checked, that's were I bought it from. I don't have any pictures of it yet.

twj721
03-12-2006, 02:00 PM
What type of trimmer are you putting it on? I have one I used 2 times for a Stihl trimmer. I would sell cheap. It's still shiney , even though it has a little grass on it. Trent 816-350-0886.

I used the one I hjave about the same number of times, works good just makes the trimmer very heavy or that is waht I think about it any how .TWJ

Splicer
03-12-2006, 02:03 PM
Edger attachment and the walkway I edged 2 days ago B4 the rains came...

mulcahy mowing
03-12-2006, 02:10 PM
they cost $99 at home chepo

alwaysgreener
03-12-2006, 02:12 PM
Is this what you want??

http://www.edgit.com/

robertsturf
03-12-2006, 02:12 PM
TWJ, the same problem I had. I the the trimmer head spinning creates vacuum when it gets close to the ground and makes it heavier. I have 2 stick edgers now anyway.

Splicer
03-12-2006, 02:26 PM
they cost $99 at home chepo
I think I paid something like that for mine. Cheap it ain't though. Mine is 6 years old with HEAVY usage and it is only this year that I need to change the blade (first and only time). Works VERY well.

I am beginning to wonder why I come here seeing as how you 'prfessionals' seem to tink that any equipment that is not the same brand you own is 'junk' and 'cheapo' equipment. I don't buy 'junk' or 'cheapo' equipment. I purchase equipment that works and works well and lasts for years even being abused. I abuse the hell out of my tools while working and do preventative maintenance when not working.

Lets see now, I paid $99 divided by 6 years = about 16-17 bucks a year:cool2: and it is still going strong and has and will still make me money. This 'cheapo' paid for itself years ago. Do you guys really know what you are talking about or are you so insecure that you feel you must own the $1000 trimmer that says 'Commercial' but in reality you are paying $900 more just for that wording?

As long as the tool does what it was designed to do how can it be called 'junk' or 'cheapo'? I believe you guys have a thing or 2 to learn yet. I am all too familiar with 'professional' equipment, I have been a contractor in the CATV industry for 25 years building plant all over the country. I am just as familiar with residential equipment.

Oops...sorry, didn't mean to hi-jack this thread, just trying to pound some sense into these know-it-all posters.:nono:

mulcahy mowing
03-12-2006, 03:01 PM
not dissing you thats ware i got mine! and yes i do some times shop at home chepo if i need somthing nothing wrong with it at all:usflag:
I called it "home chepo" as to not get burned

Richard Martin
03-12-2006, 06:10 PM
I think I paid something like that for mine. Cheap it ain't though. Mine is 6 years old with HEAVY usage and it is only this year that I need to change the blade (first and only time). Works VERY well.

I am beginning to wonder why I come here seeing as how you 'prfessionals' seem to tink that any equipment that is not the same brand you own is 'junk' and 'cheapo' equipment. I don't buy 'junk' or 'cheapo' equipment. I purchase equipment that works and works well and lasts for years even being abused. I abuse the hell out of my tools while working and do preventative maintenance when not working.

I can tell you that if you've been using the same blade for 6 years then that "edger" isn't seeing anything in the way of heavy useage. I only edge a few concrete sidewalks here and there and I'm going through 3 blades a year. There are guys here on Lawnsite that are probably using a blade a week.

The reasons the "professionals" call the Ryobis and Homelites of the world junk is most likely the same reason I do. When I started out I bought that kind of equipment and it just didn't hold up nearly as long or have even a fraction of the power that the name brand professional equipment does. That Home Depot equipment is unreliable, difficult to work on (who's idea was it to put the recoil between the shaft and the engine?) and can be difficult to get parts for.

I'd rather spend a few hundred bucks on a good trimmer, edger or blower and know that it's going to start everytime for years to come, even under heavy useage.

cochino12
03-12-2006, 11:03 PM
hey, I wasnt intending on causing a pissing match here. I want to try an edgit on my shindaiwa trimmers thats all. I just figure it may be worth $$, to use one machine instead of stick edger-and trimmer.

Hey robertsturf pm me with a price.

Splicer
03-12-2006, 11:17 PM
No pissin' match. Just a discussion...

A blade a week!? Somebody aint using that tool correctly then. I'll give you it is not the fastest edger there ever was but it is far from junk and has fulfilled all of your own personal requirements for me. Is that then still junk? I'm sorry I fail to see it.

And as for having something for years and starting everytime I am right there with you. But you look only at one side of things. I have seen so many profesional and commercial and industrial types of equipment from backpack blowers to massive WAM units that don't run. Amazes me sometimes the $$$ that is spent on that 'junk'.

Point is you get stuff that will last forever and stuff that wont. This holds true for commercial and non commercial equipment. Its only junk when it breaks. And they all break sooner or later.

cochino12
03-12-2006, 11:22 PM
Point is you get stuff that will last forever and stuff that wont. This holds true for commercial and non commercial equipment. Its only junk when it breaks. And they all break sooner or later.

couldnt agree more. thats is why I want to see if they work, rumor has it they work just great for "maintaining" an edge, but not creating a new one. Perfect for me I already own higher hp walk behind edgers, might as well do two jobs with one machine.

EDIT** yes a blade a week is a bit excessive. Unless you do, what 300/week?

lawnrangeralaska
03-13-2006, 12:47 AM
EDIT** yes a blade a week is a bit excessive. Unless you do, what 300/week?[/QUOTE]

Hows it possible for one blade to see that many properties in a week?

mpflood
03-13-2006, 01:17 AM
HEAVY?
Half the purpose of it is to take away the weight of trimmer as it rolls on ground:usflag:

By two man IMHO

kmann
03-13-2006, 01:57 AM

Lets see now, I paid $99 divided by 6 years = about 16-17 bucks a year:cool2: and it is still going strong and has and will still make me money. This 'cheapo' paid for itself years ago. Do you guys really know what you are talking about or are you so insecure that you feel you must own the $1000 trimmer that says 'Commercial' but in reality you are paying $900 more just for that wording?

As long as the tool does what it was designed to do how can it be called 'junk' or 'cheapo'? I believe you guys have a thing or 2 to learn yet. I am all too familiar with 'professional' equipment, I have been a contractor in the CATV industry for 25 years building plant all over the country. I am just as familiar with residential equipment.

Oops...sorry, didn't mean to hi-jack this thread, just trying to pound some sense into these know-it-all posters.:nono:
This is not the Edgit. It is a round disc thay goes on a trimmer.

kmann
03-13-2006, 02:04 AM
They do have a web site. I just checked, that's were I bought it from. I don't have any pictures of it yet.
You can get it from Russo Power Supply in Chicago for $ 20.00 cheaper than Edgit. About $60.00.

JKOOPERS
03-13-2006, 04:19 AM
i maintained a property last season that i wuld go through 2 blades every other week . there was 102 homes though . by the way it only took me 2.5 hrs to edge the whole neighborhood, no home cheapo could do that . thats what everyone means by commercial / professional grade . just like gmc

JKOOPERS
03-13-2006, 04:20 AM
i maintained a property last season that i wuld go through 2 blades every other week . there was 102 homes though . by the way it only took me 2.5 hrs to edge the whole neighborhood, no home cheapo could do that . thats what everyone means by commercial / professional grade . just like gmc

JKOOPERS
03-13-2006, 04:21 AM
:hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :gmctruck:

grass_cuttin_fool
03-13-2006, 06:57 AM
couldnt agree more. thats is why I want to see if they work, rumor has it they work just great for "maintaining" an edge, but not creating a new one. Perfect for me I already own higher hp walk behind edgers, might as well do two jobs with one machine.

EDIT** yes a blade a week is a bit excessive. Unless you do, what
300/week?

I purchased and edgit over the winter months and used it last week. I think it performs best on an established edge. It cleaned up the established edge from last fall very well. I also tried it on a new edge and after about 10 feet I went back to the truck and got the blade edger to cut in the new edge. Agai just my opinion, I own a walk behind edger and a stick edger also. I think all 3 have a time and place in the field. Oh also I have a few properties that have flower beds and i really liked the edgit for maintaining tthe edge

wayne

Splicer
03-13-2006, 07:51 AM
Yes that Edg-it does look really nice for garden edging. So it fits on an existing straight shaft trimmer?

kmann
03-13-2006, 09:52 AM
Yes that Edg-it does look really nice for garden edging. So it fits on an existing straight shaft trimmer?
Depends what type of Straight Shaft Trimmer you have. I know it fits Stihl and I think it fits Echo.

PaulJ
03-14-2006, 12:04 AM
http://www.lawnsite.com/search.php?searchid=805619

Here's my take on the edgit.

Won't have a trimmer wihtout one.

cochino12
03-14-2006, 12:06 AM
but does anyone have one they want to sell? Seems like it's 50-50%, who likes them or not.

elamey
03-14-2006, 02:13 PM
Sorry...I REALLY like mine...you can't have it..:jester: