PDA

View Full Version : Patio Reinforcement?

cgland
03-12-2006, 05:58 PM
Do you guys do anything special to a patio if the customer plans on screening it in or putting a sunroom on it? I usually just beef up the base, but I was wondering what others do. I am doing a bid right now for this exact situation and I just wanted some additional ideas.

Chris

Paradise Landscapes
03-12-2006, 08:03 PM
Goegrid. At the bottom of the base and at the middle of the base.
Wanna join? :drinkup: :drinkup:

MarcusLndscp
03-12-2006, 10:17 PM
Chris what anchors the sunroom to the patio? I have done jobs in the past with large gazebos and the like over paver work and they were simply set on sona tubes and the pavers remained the floor. No weight was put on the patio surface.

amvega
03-13-2006, 06:43 PM
I would recommend that you follow the instruction for using pavers with a surcharge on it. You'll need to put a fabric to separate the stone from the dirt then put at least 8" of stone. People park cars on top of pavers and I'm sure they weigh more than a sunroom.

kootoomootoo
03-13-2006, 07:44 PM
Actually you need to be sunroomcpi certified.

cgland
03-13-2006, 07:58 PM
I just received my porchCMA certification and I will put it to good use! LOL

Chris

kris
03-13-2006, 08:33 PM
Chris, your part of the US has a freeze /thaw cycle?? Is the room going to be attached to the house? there may be codes you have to follow ... footings and stuff... I don't know really. When compacted properly a good base will minimize heaving but I would never bet on it 100%

cgland
03-13-2006, 11:28 PM
I told them that you should not attach it to the house simply because of the flexibility of the system. I will beef up the base and let them know that when they are ready to install the room that we can come back and install sona tubes.

Chris