PDA

View Full Version : Installing a paver circle kit...

Kohls Landscaping Co
03-12-2006, 06:26 PM
I'm working on a hardscape design where a circle kit would fit in nicely with the rest of the paver patio. This obviously would be my first time installing one. I was wondering if there are any 'tricks of the trade' to make it a little easier the first time?

I guess my main question is if you install a larger one (9-11'), how do you go about starting to lay the inside pavers without messing up all the sand that you have already screeded?

Thanks for the help in advance!

Dave

cgland
03-12-2006, 06:32 PM
Dave - The best way to do it is...... Mark the center of your circle with a spike (drive it into the stone before you screed your sand.) Screed half the circle and install, then screed the other half and stand on the installed half to lay. Hope that sounds right.

Chris

Paradise Landscapes
03-12-2006, 07:51 PM
I went to a seminar last year and one contractor was saying that he installs the hardscape ( lays down pavers, no further ) go back where the center circle is to be. Remove a few pavers at a time While installing the circle pieces. That was the easiest way of doing it, was his words.

MarcusLndscp
03-12-2006, 10:22 PM
I'm with Chris. Pin your center point and then lay enough so you can put a small square of plywood over it and then stand on them while your helper is throwing you pavers to continue out and around the circle. Finish your screeding once you have enough of an area to stand on.

Did that make sense? No matter what you do they're very awkward to start.

Rex Mann
03-12-2006, 11:16 PM
We screed out the entire area. Then start laying the circle. We use a screed board, plywood or a plank to get out to the center. Once the area is big enough we loose the board.

We will lay all but the last coarse of the circle. Next, we lay the field as close to the circle as we can. Then we put the last coarse of the circle on-top of the field. Now we mark the pavers to ensure a close fit between the circle kit and field pattern.

Peace,

Rex

http://ArizonaPavers.Com

kootoomootoo
03-12-2006, 11:19 PM
1 circle kit is also 2 semi circle kits.
like chris said above screed half lay half.

Kohls Landscaping Co
03-12-2006, 11:48 PM
Thanks guys!

I think between the plywood and starting out w/just half to start I'll be able to do it. Once I get enough pavers started in the middle to stand on, it should go smoothly.

Thanks for the help!

Dave