PDA

View Full Version : Hydroseeding ?????

hhlawn
03-12-2006, 11:02 PM
A new customer of mine owns 13 duplexes all on the same street. About half of them have a huge oak in the front and several trees in the back. He wants me to restore the lawns, but wants to seed intead of sod, to try and keep costs down. I was at the H&G show down at Hale Arena in KC MO a few weeks back, and talked to a few folks about hydroseeding. Has anyone hydroseeded or had it done before? What are your comments / results. I got a few estimates on the work I need done, and am very happy with the pricing. There is plenty of room to make some $$.

Thanks
HH

walker-talker
03-13-2006, 12:51 AM
I use to hydroseed when I worked for a landscape company. The onwner made a ton of money on this service. We did a lot of common grounds in housing comunnites. We also did a lot of resiential lawns as well. The owner was in with the right people. I say if you have enough buisness to stay busy, go for it. If you just have enough business to do a couple lawns a week, I would pass on it. It takes a lot of time to mix up a batch of that stuff and then clean out the equipment. I remember days where we hydroseeded 14 hours in a day. You will also need some help dragging the hose around and working the controls when you need to shut down.

JimLewis
03-14-2006, 05:20 AM
I dunno. I've never had real great success with any kind of seeding. We subcontract out jobs for hydroseeding, terra-seeding, etc. and we also periodically do regular seeding ourselves. But even in the most optimal conditions, seed jobs always turn out to be a major PITA.....always going back to re-seed and re-seed again. I just despise seeding and I always try to talk customers out of it. Sod is always better.