PDA

View Full Version : SAHARA DG can this be cleaned out spray tank?

KyTurf
03-13-2006, 01:31 AM
I have a customer wanting me to treat a railroad track area with SAHARA DG, it is to big to do with back pack sprayer, I was wandering if this could be cleaned out of my Lessco 200 Space Saver sprayer, I have not sprayed anything like this through my sprayer. I talk too a couple of guys that have and they said they justed triple rinsed their tank and changed the filters. I still alittle worried about this, has anyone done this and if so how can I be sure before treating lawns?

MStine315
03-13-2006, 08:57 AM
You'll be fine. The key is it's a poly tank vs. fiberglass. The fiberglass tanks have all these little fibers the chem. can get hung up in. With poly, the smooth sides allow you to flush it out. What I do is go where there's a hose and somewhere I can wash it out, like a gravel area. It's easy for me 'cause I do a tank farm right in town. I have my other tach. run the spray hose like they're spraying while I use the garden hose to wash out the product from the tank. Then wash with tank cleaner per instr. The key with Sahara is it settles back to it's clay base, so there's this gunk inside the bottom of the tank. That's what's key to get out. Same with the filter, that clay will hang up in the filter, too. Anyway, in the 9 year's I've been doing lawn, tree, and veg. no problems. (Until this year, since I wrote this post, ha,ha)

MStine315
03-13-2006, 08:59 AM
I should add that with sterilants, volume is the key. A backpack won't get it. Most labels (Hyvar, Pramitol, Sahara) call for a minimum gal. per acre. It will affect the results.

Ric
03-13-2006, 11:27 AM
IMHO

For the same cost of cleaning out a 200 gal tank, pump, & hose reel, I would purchase a 25 gal 12V spot sprayer for $ 125. I would use the 200 gal Space Saver as a nurse tank if the job was big enough.