PDA

View Full Version : Turning and Divots question?

Microbe
03-13-2006, 08:15 AM
Last year I purchased a 36 Lesco 13 hp mower. My question is, how do you guy's get those perfect lines? When I turn on a dime to go back the other direction, I always leave a "WHEEL DIVOT." Yea its straight, but I can't stand when my mower leaves a divot after a turn.

How I usually mow is:

------------------------------------------>
<-----------------------------------------

Then when I come back start my first line going down make a turn on the dime "divot," come back. This doesn't happen all the time, is it my tires? I'm using the same tires that came on the model out of the store.

Trinity Lawn Care, LLC
03-13-2006, 08:26 AM
Slow down and don't lock any one wheel up. It would be better to do a three point turn and not rut up the lawn than to turn on a dime. Slowing down into your turns is important. :)

Microbe
03-13-2006, 08:37 AM
Thanks... Yea I've been meaning to ask this question for a while. Its funny cause when I watch other companies mowing, it seems that the guy's just turn on a dime. Hey I could be wrong... Most, it seems have the walker stand on, or the ride on's... next month I"m gona work on 3 point turns for sure.. peace

Trinity Lawn Care, LLC
03-13-2006, 08:40 AM
Very cool. The more you practice the better you will be at turning. You will pretty much get to the point where you can turn on a dime. You just can't go full balst into the turn and have one wheel turning while the other is lockep up. You'll get the hang of it. Good luck!:)

CC Lawncare
03-13-2006, 08:43 AM
I find that a sulky helps. I think it may have something to do with changing the center of gravity of the machine and thus affecting traction.

jschu13
03-13-2006, 08:47 AM
Rob B. is correct. Slow down at the end of your run and make sure you have one wheel turning forward and the other backward. Until you master that, you should do a three point turn to prevent leaving divots.