PDA

View Full Version : Home use. Exmark TT HP 48" (wb) or Scag Tiger Cub 48"?

KB
03-13-2006, 12:46 PM
I have had both an Exmark Turf Tracer 48"/17Kaw and Lazer Z HP 52"/23Kaw but sold them as I no longer cut on the side. I want a mower for home use. I have an acre+ to cut. I was thinking about the Exmark Turf Tracer 48"/17Kaw again but my dealer also showed me the Scag Tiger Cub 48"/23Briggs for only $800 more. A rider had no been a consideration because of price but that is attractive. One note of interest is that this dealer who has ALWAYS been an Exmark fan says that Exmark is the best walkbehind but the Scag is the better rider. Anyway, I like the walkbehind as it will give a little better quality cut (as admitted by the dealer), but I do like riding. The wb will be easier to transport (if needed) the 50 mi to the dealer. I can get the scag 5 mi down the road from another very good dealer. Remember we are talking for home use. What would you get?

MTR
03-13-2006, 02:24 PM
I have had both an Exmark Turf Tracer 48"/17Kaw and Lazer Z HP 52"/23Kaw but sold them as I no longer cut on the side. I want a mower for home use. I have an acre+ to cut. I was thinking about the Exmark Turf Tracer 48"/17Kaw again but my dealer also showed me the Scag Tiger Cub 48"/23Briggs for only $800 more. A rider had no been a consideration because of price but that is attractive. One note of interest is that this dealer who has ALWAYS been an Exmark fan says that Exmark is the best walkbehind but the Scag is the better rider. Anyway, I like the walkbehind as it will give a little better quality cut (as admitted by the dealer), but I do like riding. The wb will be easier to transport (if needed) the 50 mi to the dealer. I can get the scag 5 mi down the road from another very good dealer. Remember we are talking for home use. What would you get?

You already experienced both Lazer and TTHP, why you asked so childish a question like someone has no experience in lawn mower? Anybody who ever own those 2 mowers will not ask like this question, If you truly owned before those 2 machines, you will know the answer "by heart", common give me a break! I sold this I buy that , such and such is not convincing.

chimmygew
03-13-2006, 02:28 PM
I'll take riding over walking any day.