PDA

View Full Version : New Cat C304CR

qps
03-13-2006, 02:37 PM
Well, it came in, meet the salesman for lunch and we checked it out in the yard, as it sits the new cab is great, instrutments, everything well thought out, to shift the boom from side to side you just flip a thumb switch on the left pilot control (no foot petals) thumb switch already setup on the right pilot control...dropping it off tomm. for demo....stay tuned:cool2:

Scag48
03-13-2006, 02:52 PM
Awesome! Keep us informed.

qps
03-13-2006, 03:01 PM

Hey Mr. C...I'll take and post some pic's tomm.:)

qps
03-13-2006, 03:05 PM

I was gonna tell you guys, they had to redesign the buckets, extra gusseting on the backside, they were splitting the olds with the new bumped up pressures...

Squizzy246B
03-13-2006, 05:41 PM
Yeah Yeah I know...I haven't posted the pics of the new 301.8...but seriously...its just an excavator...do you really want to see it.

Lazer_Z
03-13-2006, 06:08 PM
Yeah Yeah I know...I haven't posted the pics of the new 301.8...but seriously...its just an excavator...do you really want to see it.
I don't know about anyone else but I'd sure like to see it Squiz.

Rob

qps
03-13-2006, 06:54 PM

Good God, the way your carried on about it and now you don't want to take its picture????:drinkup:

ksss
03-13-2006, 08:19 PM
The CASE CX mini ex's also have the flip switch to rotate swing boom. Its pretty neat although it takes some getting used to. I spent two days on a CX36B and years of activating the boom with my feet was hard to break. It should be interesting to see how the CAT performs.

Dirty Water
03-13-2006, 08:25 PM
The CASE CX mini ex's also have the flip switch to rotate swing boom. Its pretty neat although it takes some getting used to. I spent two days on a CX36B and years of activating the boom with my feet was hard to break. It should be interesting to see how the CAT performs.

I've logged more hours in a CX31 than anything else, I'm pretty used to having my thumb on the right stick and my boom rotate on the left stick. I think Case makes a nice mini.

ksss
03-13-2006, 08:33 PM
I thought the B series was a huge improvement. I demoed the initial series and I thought they were under powered. They reminded me very much of the Deere mini ex. The B series is a completely different machine. Much better bucket performance and the feel in the controls is awesome. I would consider one but after running this side to side boom on the TK I don't think I can go back to a swing boom.

Squizzy246B
03-14-2006, 07:00 AM
Good God, the way your carried on about it and now you don't want to take its picture????:drinkup:

Apparently it went to work today???...like I've even seen it!.

qps
03-14-2006, 08:12 AM
Apparently it went to work today???...like I've even seen it!.

That's even better...it's paying for itself....:drinkup:

qps
03-14-2006, 05:06 PM
Well the verdict is in...looks like Cat wins...it digs as well as the TB53...sorry shane...fits on my trailer...53 didn't..and the new cab is sweet...also price is alittle better and the financing is alot better than what takeuchi was offering....also has a/c tilt blade / flotating blade....with all the bs from the case / takeuchi dealer I was afraid to deal with them anyways....

thepawnshop
03-14-2006, 07:25 PM
OK I have to ask...well in your neck of the woods, how much does that machine cost and what does it come with?

qps
03-14-2006, 08:12 PM
See Pics....

qps
03-14-2006, 08:16 PM
Since they put the boom swing on the left pilot it really free's up leg room, I'm ordering the angle blade and highback suspension seat on mine...

thepawnshop
03-14-2006, 10:06 PM
Nice Pics, Q. Exactly what options are you going to "opt" for? You already mentioned the angle blade and HB suspension seat...anything else? Long Stick? Thumb? What buckets? I wish Cat wasn't at such a premium here, because the cab and improvements such as moving the boom swing and auxiliary hydraulics to the handles REALLY interests me....that floor looks so clean with nothing other than drive pedals. Add to that the improvements to the hydraulics and I think Cat got it right with this design....now they just need to get it into the hands of as many contractors as possible!

qps
03-14-2006, 11:17 PM
Nice Pics, Q. Exactly what options are you going to "opt" for? You already mentioned the angle blade and HB suspension seat...anything else? Long Stick? Thumb? What buckets? I wish Cat wasn't at such a premium here, because the cab and improvements such as moving the boom swing and auxiliary hydraulics to the handles REALLY interests me....that floor looks so clean with nothing other than drive pedals. Add to that the improvements to the hydraulics and I think Cat got it right with this design....now they just need to get it into the hands of as many contractors as possible!

long stick
thumb
angle blade
lift eye on bucket
12 & 24" buckets

thepawnshop
03-25-2006, 09:40 AM
I had a chance to see the 304 today...the Cat dealer has two at a local home show. Awesome cab. Still no regrets about ordering a 50D...other than having to wait for May for it to get here. It is being built right now. Have you gotten your 304 yet, Tim? Post a review when you get it it!

Squizzy246B
03-25-2006, 09:55 AM
I had a chance to see the 304 today...the Cat dealer has two at a local home show. Awesome cab. Still no regrets about ordering a 50D...other than having to wait for May for it to get here. It is being built right now. Have you gotten your 304 yet, Tim? Post a review when you get it it!

Doug, Tims out the back having a bonfire with his 257:rolleyes:

qps
03-25-2006, 11:44 AM

No..they haven't given me a delivery date yet...I told them to get off the pot or I'll move on...I guess the only ones in the country with angle blades are being used for...well home show displays...and promo events....:confused:

qps
03-25-2006, 11:46 AM
Doug, Tims out the back having a bonfire with his 257:rolleyes:

BYOW....bring your own weenies:laugh: ...they called and said the left drive motor is bad....christ...only has 30 hrs on the thing...bonfire may be the next step..:cool2:

thepawnshop
03-25-2006, 01:24 PM
I guess the only ones in the country with angle blades are being used for...well home show displays...and promo events....:confused:

This one didn't have an angle blade either. The same sales guy I have been dealing with was working the booth. I think everything is good between us.

Interesting point....he (the Cat salesman) has had this machine on 3 different sites and has not sold one machine yet! One guy bought a Volvo and the other 2 went Deere. I really think they are asking too much for the Cat's out here because I think the machines (the new "C" series) are awesome! For the hell of it, I did ask for a quote on the 304...I feel confident it'll be too much!

Scag48
03-25-2006, 02:20 PM
Man, I don't know why you guys are getting the shaft out east. If they dropped the ball like that out here I'd move on, dealer support or not.

qps
03-25-2006, 02:28 PM
This one didn't have an angle blade either. The same sales guy I have been dealing with was working the booth. I think everything is good between us.

Interesting point....he (the Cat salesman) has had this machine on 3 different sites and has not sold one machine yet! One guy bought a Volvo and the other 2 went Deere. I really think they are asking too much for the Cat's out here because I think the machines (the new "C" series) are awesome! For the hell of it, I did ask for a quote on the 304...I feel confident it'll be too much!

How did you like the cab space??? that and the improved digging forces sold me...

UNISCAPER
03-25-2006, 07:36 PM
QPS:

Along with the valve you had replaced, there were a bad run of drive motors from ASV. In many cases they are warrantying motors for 5 years to catch all of them.

thepawnshop
03-25-2006, 08:07 PM
How did you like the cab space??? that and the improved digging forces sold me...

I absolutely LOVED the cab space...you can really tell that alot of thought went into the new series. I always think the redisigned auxiliary hydraulics and boom swing features are pretty impressive too. Add to that the angle blade, and you just may have a Deere killer if they can get the price right!

OK, I'll admit to you Tim...I was a little jealous of you when I sat my fat a$$ in the cab. It is VERY nice! But I know what you paid for your machine with the long arm, Cab with air, Angle blade, quick connect, 2 buckets and thumb too. I was told the machine, as it sat, was 50k and that was only standard stick, cab with air and 24" bucket. Seriously, I know price isn't always a factor, but it sure has kept me away form the Cat!

qps
03-25-2006, 11:05 PM
I absolutely LOVED the cab space...you can really tell that alot of thought went into the new series. I always think the redisigned auxiliary hydraulics and boom swing features are pretty impressive too. Add to that the angle blade, and you just may have a Deere killer if they can get the price right!

OK, I'll admit to you Tim...I was a little jealous of you when I sat my fat a$$ in the cab. It is VERY nice! But I know what you paid for your machine with the long arm, Cab with air, Angle blade, quick connect, 2 buckets and thumb too. I was told the machine, as it sat, was 50k and that was only standard stick, cab with air and 24" bucket. Seriously, I know price isn't always a factor, but it sure has kept me away form the Cat!

Your Cat dealer must be smoking crack.....I know dealers have to make a profit but over pricing will catch up to them sooner than later....how many people does he think you'll tell about your experience with them????..how does the old saying go...treat someone right and they'll tell two friends...treat them wrong and they'll tell everybody!!!

qps
03-25-2006, 11:07 PM
QPS:

Along with the valve you had replaced, there were a bad run of drive motors from ASV. In many cases they are warrantying motors for 5 years to catch all of them.

Thanks again for the input Bill, your a wealth of information and most of us appreciate it..

Tim

Squizzy246B
03-26-2006, 09:05 AM
Thanks again for the input Bill, your a wealth of information and most of us appreciate it..

Tim

The weenies are still an option:laugh:

iluvscag
03-26-2006, 10:22 AM
One luck SOB.

qps
03-26-2006, 10:43 AM
The weenies are still an option:laugh:

Yes....and one I'm keeping open..:)

UNISCAPER
03-26-2006, 11:23 AM
I'm lolst squizzy. Musta been that late night movie and awesome fish tacos last night.....:):):)

Squizzy246B
03-26-2006, 11:40 AM
Bill

Originally Posted by Squizzy246B
Doug, Tims out the back having a bonfire with his 257

BYOW....bring your own weenies:laugh: ...they called and said the left drive motor is bad....christ...only has 30 hrs on the thing...bonfire may be the next step..:cool2:

Does that stitch it up for you??...otherwise you'd better take some more holidays...god knows I need to.

ksss
03-26-2006, 03:42 PM
I thought CAT used Rexroth drive motors. I did not know that ASV built their own for themselves and CAT.

Land&LawnDev.
03-26-2006, 10:12 PM
Don't know exactly how new the 304 your discussing is; I recently rented a 304 that this rental company has only had for a few months, I was very unhappy with it. I only weigh about 150 lbs. and felt cramped while operating it. I didn't have any room between the control's, and was too close to the pedals to drive it off my feet like I could with the Deere 35D I previously owned. The controls also felt jerky. I'm not downing cat just the machine I ran. I rented a 303 from the same people a week later and it was a much smoother and roomier machine.

qps
03-27-2006, 10:36 PM
Don't know exactly how new the 304 your discussing is; I recently rented a 304 that this rental company has only had for a few months, I was very unhappy with it. I only weigh about 150 lbs. and felt cramped while operating it. I didn't have any room between the control's, and was too close to the pedals to drive it off my feet like I could with the Deere 35D I previously owned. The controls also felt jerky. I'm not downing cat just the machine I ran. I rented a 303 from the same people a week later and it was a much smoother and roomier machine.

The new C304CR...I didn't care for the cab on the C304R either...big difference in the new model