View Full Version : What type of attachment?

Green Acres
03-13-2006, 04:37 PM
I'm looking to buy an attachment to lay down big rolls of sod. My question is what type of attachment does everyone else use? I have both a tractor and a bobcat that I could buy the sod roller attachment for but not sure which one is better to use. I do mostly new houses and commercial buildings. Also I thought about buying one of those little track machines made just for laying sod. I figured one of those machines would be a lot more costly and would add more maintenance. Any info would be great. Thanks

03-13-2006, 08:17 PM
In my neck of the woods, the sod farms use their spider to unroll it for us. About anything else is going to be rutting the area that you are unrolling the sod onto.

gammon landscaping
03-13-2006, 11:08 PM
a skid has more ability to get around and lift, but the tractor will leave less of a foot print

Green Acres
03-14-2006, 08:43 AM
My loader has the track system on it and which give it about 3 psi on the ground.

03-14-2006, 08:21 PM
Don't your sod companes do this for you?