PDA

View Full Version : What Would Ya'll Charge?

troland
03-13-2006, 05:01 PM
:confused: Priced a K-Mart Shopping center out at $535/month for 1ac cut about 3800ft to edge/weedeat.......Prune about 40 shurbs twice yr.......3-step weed/feed program for turf...and spray parking lot every other month (QuickPro) ....Don't think we got the job..DID I BID THIS TWO HIGH?...First Commercail Bid, so I just wanted to see what you guys would charge this for?

Precision
03-13-2006, 05:16 PM
:confused: Priced a K-Mart Shopping center out at $535/month for 1ac cut about 3800ft to edge/weedeat.......Prune about 40 shurbs twice yr.......3-step weed/feed program for turf...and spray parking lot every other month (QuickPro) ....Don't think we got the job..DID I BID THIS TWO HIGH?...First Commercail Bid, so I just wanted to see what you guys would charge this for?

Did you bid it too high?

Well here is the thing.
What are your actual expenses?
What is your desired profit level?

If those were reflected in your price then no, you bid properly.

If you don't know those two items then we can't help.

If you just want to get the bid regardless of profit, then yeah, you bid at least 20% too high and maybe as much as 70% too high.

Personally, I bid to make money on every property. It doesn't always work that way, but then I learn and do better next time.

troland
03-13-2006, 05:31 PM
I figured everything ..my g&a overhead, profit margin, CAW, my general conditions..etc...although I did get an email from the property manager, that we were second in line, so if theses guys dont work out, then he will re-award it to us....so atleast i now now i was not to far off..maybe they bid it as just a payroll job..but I am like you I bid it to make money.

Splicer
03-13-2006, 05:36 PM
$535/mo for 12 months?

T-Trim
03-13-2006, 11:41 PM
It's hard to help Mississippi is way different then Ohio.
Just food for your time