PDA

View Full Version : Need help coming up with a list of jobs that can be done with a 121 kubota

burntcookie
03-13-2006, 07:39 PM
Hi there, im new to the Mini game. I was wondering what kind of jobs you fellas do with yout mini's (121 kubota or a 304 cat). I need to make a list for my business partner, the more jobs the better - thanks - Jason:help:

murray83
03-14-2006, 01:23 PM
utility trenching or hireing yourself to local plumbers/electricians,drain tile repair/water proofing basements,stump removal,if you have a thumb you could do light lot clearing/brush removal,if you have aux hydraulics you could use a hammer for rock breaking?,septic systems,excavating for pools and additions on houses/footings,retaining walls,lot grading/site prep for new home construction,garage pads,small demolitions on garages/sheds

i guess the skys the limit, approach local builders and home improvment contractors and offer the machine for hire

UNISCAPER
03-14-2006, 10:56 PM
I don't want to sound like a doinkus but if you have to have someone make up a list, you don't have enough work to keep one busy. I would rent one until your usage exceeds the rent and then buy. I can see how that would be hard to justify if I was your partner as well.

Don't take this the wrong way, I'm just adding a little perspective.

LawnScenes
03-14-2006, 11:22 PM
I don't want to sound like a doinkus but if you have to have someone make up a list, you don't have enough work to keep one busy. I would rent one until your usage exceeds the rent and then buy. I can see how that would be hard to justify if I was your partner as well.

Don't take this the wrong way, I'm just adding a little perspective.

I agree... If you don't know what you're going to use one for... Then you won't be using it.

Planet Landscaping
03-15-2006, 07:42 AM
Just buy it and u will find many uses u wouldnt even think of,Including Merry-Go-Round:confused: . Sometimes my daughter gets on one and just goes around and around:laugh: . (U should see the fun we have @ birthdays:rolleyes: )

burntcookie
03-25-2006, 10:40 PM
I have a genral idea of what kind of jobs I would go after, I guess I was looking for "other" types of jobs. When I say other, I mean jobs that you wouldn't think you could do with a mini.

Dirty Water
03-26-2006, 02:32 AM
Just buy it and u will find many uses u wouldnt even think of,Including Merry-Go-Round:confused: . Sometimes my daughter gets on one and just goes around and around:laugh: . (U should see the fun we have @ birthdays:rolleyes: )

Get a 24" bucket with a thumb, stick the kid in, stick the boom way up and out and spin away.

:laugh:

Planet Landscaping
03-26-2006, 06:44 AM
Yesterday I cleared a lot with a bunch of 2 -7" trees. Just bend em over and grab with the thumb, Yank and stick em in the chipper:hammerhead: Then I proceeded to move/drag 4 old cars 1/8 mile to the road:weightlifter: . I also cut out the driveway and spread a load of gravel in it:walking: . Did i mention how fun they r to play with????:rolleyes:

Planet Landscaping
03-26-2006, 06:51 AM
Ya Know as the Owner I dont spend alot of time in the field anymore :usflag: Dont care to run most of my stuff:nono: ,But I still like to play on the Excavators now and then:drinkup: Just buy a 121-3 and Hydraulic thumb, Angle blade :weightlifter: , You will thank us later:hammerhead: