PDA

View Full Version : unbeliveable

CAG
03-13-2006, 10:47 PM
well when i bought my 05 f350 drw diesel i knew of the snap ring recall and that other emission's thing but assumed that these were corrected before i bought my truck.. Please tell I'm missing something hear but why would you sell a vehicle that you know has recalls without fixing them first..I call the dealer after i got the recall letter and asked them the same question.. Answer: was we just don't, it's your choice to have it fixed WTF.. I think i they should have a better explanation for a person who handed them more than 40g's and pick this truck up and leave me another for the 3-4 days they say they are going to have it.. Now i really don't care about chevy, dodge, ford and that stuff I've owned them all but really am i missing something???

MMLawn
03-13-2006, 11:01 PM
Actually it IS ALL major US motor companies policy to their dealers that they MUST do any recalls that are open BEFORE they sale the vehicle. You can call Ford directly and cause the dealer a lot of grief if you so choose.....but it could also bite you in the butt on future warranty repairs as then the dealer may "take his time" on your vehicle.

sheshovel
03-13-2006, 11:03 PM
because it costs them money to fix recalls and they fiqure what you don't know or ask about..won't hurt them.