PDA

View Full Version : An OPinion wanted by many!

Paradise Landscapes
03-14-2006, 12:04 AM
Whats' your opinion with using copenhagen as a sprayable insecticde? I was gonna do this for my vegetable garden.
I was told that a long time ago. What you do is take a 5 gallon bucket of very warm but not hot water and soak 3 -4 packs in it overnite.

nocutting
03-14-2006, 12:52 AM
Whats' your opinion with using copenhagen as a sprayable insecticde? I was gonna do this for my vegetable garden.
I was told that a long time ago. What you do is take a 5 gallon bucket of very warm but not hot water and soak 3 -4 packs in it overnite.
Are we talking chewing tobacco?.........here we buy tobacco dust in 5 lb bags, in green houses its called "Nicotina", sure that would work, maybe reduce your rate to 1-2 pks to start, not like you have to nuke'em........avoid spraying around or on tomato, as it can cause a disease of its own, s:cool2: ame as a smoker not washing his or her hands before picking

Grassmechanic
03-14-2006, 09:19 AM
This is quite interesting since nicotine was banned from use as an insecticide many years ago. Now it's OK to use because it's "organic"??

DUSTYCEDAR
03-14-2006, 09:31 AM
banned humm do u remember why?

Grassmechanic
03-14-2006, 09:49 AM
banned humm do u remember why?
Yes I do. But why is it all of a sudden being embraced because it's "organic"??

Paradise Landscapes
03-19-2006, 04:14 PM
I don't chew so I thaught I would bring it up. What about other vegetable plants?

nocutting
03-20-2006, 11:27 AM
Yes I do. But why is it all of a sudden being embraced because it's "organic"??
Hello Grass, sure I have it in 5lb bags, but the organic landscape group I'm in doesnt allow its use............the reason given is due to Health issues regarding smokeing:hammerhead: , not due to any plant /enviromentally know treason:dizzy:

nocutting
03-20-2006, 11:30 AM
Hello Grass, sure I have it in 5lb bags, but the organic landscape group I'm in doesnt allow its use............the reason given is due to Health issues regarding smokeing:hammerhead: , not due to any plant /enviromentally know treason:dizzy:
another thing to remember, is that just because you can buy it, doesnt mean you can apply it?........Many a DEC officer can attest to that:usflag:

Paradise Landscapes
03-20-2006, 06:06 PM
It's funny that people can smoke and inhale nicotine but, it was band as a harmful insecticide. yeah, chewing tobacco is still organic.

Microbe
04-06-2006, 07:15 AM
Isn't it illegal to spray anything that doesn't have a "LABEL?" I mean if you took a wad of disgusting chewing tobbacco and made a strong infusion with it, and the dec pulled up to you, wouldn't you get fined because of no lable? Organic doesn't mean safe, just mean's pure, un touched by "man made," chemicals for 4 years correct?:confused:

Norm Al
04-06-2006, 08:11 PM
there is a catch to all this,,,,,because you you arent charging a customer for the product,,,,,is it then legal or illegal?

Paradise Landscapes
04-07-2006, 06:40 AM
No catch or anything like that. It was just a talk I was having Between me and my Hort instructor I had a while back. Knowing it is organic, I don't spray or apply any chems to anyones' property. ( I have subs for that. )
I brought this up to see what others would say. I'm only looking at a natural possiblity to maintain pests in my vegetable garden. :waving: :waving:

muddstopper
04-09-2006, 09:52 AM
You must use proper spraying techniques before you can use tobacco as a pesticide. The correct spray pattern and aim is vital. Its a pretty easy technique to learn.

First, go to the local convience store and purchase a pouch of Redman, Beechnut, or your favorite posion. At the proper time, place entire contents of pouch in jaw. Chew on it until you have proper mixture of spit and tobacco juice. Pucker lips to form a proper spray nozzel and take careful aim at the offending plant or insect. Take a deep breath and apply pressure to exspell the pesticide from your pesticide container. The offending plant or insect will recieve the exact proper doseage to eradicate the pest. If multiple pest are in area, repeat process until you are either out of spit or out of tobacco and then refill by replacing the old tobacco with a new plug. Dont forget that the old plug is useful in removing larger pest such as ground hogs or playful dogs that like to dig in your garden. Simply place old plug in hand and throw at the offending animal. Direct hits in the frontal area and eye sockets seem to be the most effective. Again, you must practic your aim to insure that only targeted areas are effected. As with all pesticides, never spit into the wind.

Paradise Landscapes
04-09-2006, 12:45 PM
Muddstopper,
I'm sorry, thats truely sickening. I do not chew. I love the way my health is. I and I am glad I don't smoke either! I love my cancer-free health.
Do drink once in a while, not often. You may join me sometime if you like.
:waving: :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup:

muddstopper
04-09-2006, 01:24 PM
Muddstopper,
I'm sorry, thats truely sickening. I do not chew. I love the way my health is. I and I am glad I don't smoke either! I love my cancer-free health.
Do drink once in a while, not often. You may join me sometime if you like.
:waving: :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup:

sorry if my attempt at humor offended you. i could use a drink about now tho.:drinkup: :drinkup:

Paradise Landscapes
04-10-2006, 08:22 AM
sorry if my attempt at humor offended you. i could use a drink about now tho.:drinkup: :drinkup:

Muddstopper,
I'm not offended. It's just the fact that I don't chew. I did laugh at the humor in it.

BTW, :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup:
:drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: