PDA

View Full Version : oops!

Brianslawn
03-14-2006, 07:05 AM
local All Around Landscaping was doing an install at a new hotel. after finishing laying bermuda sod, the hotel pointed out that on the blueprints that all around had for months, it calls for fescue sod. they had to pick up all the bermuda and redo it! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

allinearth
03-15-2006, 07:57 AM
They prolly tried to put one over on the hotel. We don't use fescue down here but I asume the price is higher. Ouch!! That had to hurt. They prolly already had the job bid too low.

drsogr
03-15-2006, 09:13 AM
boy thats a way to make a day go sour.

CAG
03-15-2006, 05:31 PM
damn Monday morning details!!!

PSUturf
03-15-2006, 11:02 PM
When I lived in Lansing MI, landscaped company installed irrigation system and sod at the bank I used. The sod was put down on Friday. Monday it was mostly dead and shrunk. Somebody forgot to turn on irrigation clock. They resodded one week later. Following week same thing happened. Sprinklers didn't come on and sod died. The third time around they got it right. They did develop an algae problem after the third sodding because they were over watering.

allinearth
03-16-2006, 06:46 AM
Hey PSU,I lived in Lansing too. Graduated high school & got out while I still could.:drinkup:

PSUturf
03-16-2006, 04:31 PM
Hey Earthworker. I lived there for three years, in Holt. Fortunately my wife got a job in Madison. It was kind of depressing, even more so this summer when there will be 5000 unemployed GM workers on the streets.