PDA

View Full Version : Yazoo/Kees Need Help!

mudfish99
03-14-2006, 11:13 AM
Has anyone had experience with the 52" 21hp midmax ztr? I can get a really good price on one from a local dealer and am trying to avoid spending the big bucks on an exmark, scag, or kubota. The specks look really comparable to their competitors with the exception of about a 200 lb weight difference. The absolute largest account this would be used for is approximately 2.5 acre residential lawn. I don't expect to have to put more than 150 hours on it per season. Thanks for any help offered.

Signature Landscaping1
03-14-2006, 11:22 AM
I dont care much for yazoo kees, but you can get a lesco for alot less new, than the kees, and imo their alot better machines than kees.
www.lesco.com

ThirdDay
03-14-2006, 07:24 PM
I dont care much for yazoo kees, but you can get a lesco for alot less new, than the kees, and imo their alot better machines than kees.
www.lesco.com

Actually the Kees is about $200 or so less at retail right now in my area. The dealer is selling them for $5799 and throwing in a free suspension seat!

I demo'd the Kees last fall and loved the quality of cut and the overall feel of the machine.

The Lesco is a decent mower but I didn't like the quality of cut much at all...

It all comes down to.....demo....demo....demo!!

Green King
03-14-2006, 08:29 PM
Do a search on here on Yazoo. You should get plenty of info.

Creative Lawn Care
03-14-2006, 08:32 PM
Had my 61" 27 horse for about 7 months and I have had no problems.

Total Lawn & Landscape
03-14-2006, 09:18 PM
Have three 61" -27hp units, NO problems! Any mower is only as good as the dealer/distributor if a problem would arise. I'm sold on Y/K.

Envy Lawn Service
03-14-2006, 10:13 PM
Do a search on here on Yazoo. You should get plenty of info.

Yeah, and the majority of what you will read is not what you are going to want to hear. My advice (as a previous owner).... pass on it.... not a commercial grade machine and certainly not a fine upstanding company. PLUS 21HP ON A 52" will be a WUSS anyways. The 21hp Kawi didn't have enough balls to pull my 48" deck real well, much less a 52" and at best it burned 1.25 gallons of gas per hour.

If you want to save money on your purchase, go with a Lesco or Cub Commercial (same mower). Way better machines in every way.

MMLawn
03-14-2006, 10:26 PM
Well, I just found this out a couple weeks ago. Yazoo is BANNED from doing business with the State of NC.......to me that speaks volumes!

Envy Lawn Service
03-14-2006, 10:30 PM
Well, I just found this out a couple weeks ago. Yazoo is BANNED from doing business with the State of NC.......to me that speaks volumes!

Yahoooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :clapping:

ThirdDay
03-15-2006, 12:23 AM

Can you verify this statement with some facts? Otherwise it's just BS!

I'm sure that the 20+ dealers listed in NC for Yazoo/Kees would be surprised as well.

My dealer says that the Yazoo/Kees riders are as good as any that he has seen and that the quality of cut is second to none. (He sells 4 commercial brands and is well known to be fair and honest in his opinions.)

Envy Lawn Service
03-15-2006, 12:39 AM

I'm sure that the 20+ dealers listed in NC for Yazoo/Kees would be surprised as well.

My dealer says that the Yazoo/Kees riders are as good as any that he has seen and that the quality of cut is second to none. (He sells 4 commercial brands and is well known to be fair and honest in his opinions.)

YES I HAVE VERIFIED THAT AS FACT.

He said WITH the state, not IN the state... and it is indeed a fact.

Like I said, "certainly not a fine upstanding company"

MMLawn
03-15-2006, 01:10 AM

YES, I sure can!! AND READ what I posted! I said they were banned from doing business WITH the State of NC or any of it's agencies...not from being in NC!

Here's......Johnny....... :waving:

State of North Carolina
Banned Vendor Link NC
Banned Vendor Details
Return to Result List

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: Electronic notification of procurement opportunities has been disabled.

Yazoo Power Equipment
Detail Information
Added on 03/21/2001

Address: 3650 Bay Street
Jackson, MS 39213
Phone: (800)723-9496
Fax: (800)237-1061
Email Address:

Small Business: No
HUB Verified: No

DEBARRED FROM DOING BUSINESS WITH ANY STATE AGENCY
Debar Information Debar Date Bid No Purchaser Action
3/21/2001 803364 CPPB Debarred 02/01/2001 due to non-compliance with the provisions of G.S.105 143-59.1

MMLawn
03-15-2006, 01:18 AM
............Now, ThirdDay you can openly apologize on on here for calling me a liar, since you openly and WRONGLY called me one about my post.

ThirdDay
03-15-2006, 02:01 AM
............Now, ThirdDay you can openly apologize on on here for calling me a liar, since you openly and WRONGLY called me one about my post.

Yazoo/Kees is NOT based in Jackson Mississippi! They are based on Nebraska and/or North Carolina. The OLD Yazoo company was based in Mississippi but that company is LONG gone! Phone number disconnected etc...

I didn't call you a liar, I just asked you to back up your statement. The info you came up with was from 2001 and it is regarding the OLD Yazoo Company NOT the current Yazoo/Kees!

Envy Lawn Service
03-15-2006, 04:18 PM
Yazoo/Kees is NOT based in Jackson Mississippi! They are based on Nebraska and/or North Carolina. The OLD Yazoo company was based in Mississippi but that company is LONG gone! Phone number disconnected etc...

I didn't call you a liar, I just asked you to back up your statement. The info you came up with was from 2001 and it is regarding the OLD Yazoo Company NOT the current Yazoo/Kees!

Oh come on now... if it's a skunk let's call it a skunk instead of trying to make it out to be just a black cat.

This company has been bought and sold... merged and split... and has been based out of a few places. So yes Yazoo now manufactures in Beatrice Nebraska. But they have long had ties with Jackson, MS and still do unto this day.

In 1997 Yazoo Manufacturing was bought out and renamed Yazoo Power Equipment. A short time after, Yazoo purchased FD Kees which is when the name was changed to Yazoo/Kees... but it's still the same company. But at that same time the management was all moved to Jackson, MS. Some stuff was made in Beatrice, some in Jackson.

All the management stayed there in Jackson until Electrolux bought out Husqvarna, who bought out Yazoo/Kees in 1999. They then moved all manufacturing back to Beatrice NE, forming Husqvarna Turf. But different divisions of mangement went different places.....

From what I know to be fact, the upper level support and management are one-in-the-same for both Y/K and Husqvarna. Call either support line or management and you get the same people... Support = Beatrice, NE. Management = Charlotte NC.

But the upper level sales and distribution are divided between the two, which brings me to my main point... Upper level sales and distribution for Yazoo is still in Jackson, MS.... and I know that for a FACT. I've spoken in depth with their corporate sales people down there. There is no mistaking the Jackson, MS dialect and accent either. If I dig around here I can give you some contact numbers for this location. Point being, Jackson is the place that would deal with high level sales, such as state bids/sales and sales to distributors.

So what it comes down to is that our State used the government sales contact info they had at the time when they blacklisted Yazoo back in 2001. People and telephone numbers have changed, but nothing else has. They couldn't even do fair business with our state, so our government made the decision to stop all of our state agencies from doing business with them due to their business practices.

I've had more dealings with this company than I ever wanted. I know how they do business too, and frankly I am not surprised by the decision. I just wish they had cut them out of North Carolina altogether while they were at it. It would have saved me a lot of personal grief and aggrivation.

WREBELMACHINE
03-15-2006, 06:52 PM
Third Day

Where in the midwest are you? And the dealer you are talking about what are the other 4 lines of mowers does he sell?

ThirdDay
03-15-2006, 08:17 PM
Third Day

Where in the midwest are you? And the dealer you are talking about what are the other 4 lines of mowers does he sell?

I'm southeast of Chicago and the other brands that the dealer sells are Bunton, Scag and Ferris.

extoro
03-16-2006, 06:02 PM
We have 3 Yazoo 48" walk behinds that he rent, haven't had any major issues yet and thats saying a lot in the rental business! Have only seen their Z mowers, rep wanting us to start selling units.

WREBELMACHINE
03-17-2006, 02:54 PM
A walk behind will be more durable in a rental application than a ztr would be. First off because not many people would want to walk compared to riding I would think and second because walks have less parts on them.

third Day

Is your dealer the only guy with YK? the reason I ask is around here they seem to be loosing dealers.

extoro
03-17-2006, 04:50 PM
A walk behind will be more durable in a rental application than a ztr would be. First off because not many people would want to walk compared to riding I would think and second because walks have less parts on them.

third Day

Is your dealer the only guy with YK? the reason I ask is around here they seem to be loosing dealers.

Loosing dealers? How many YK dealers are there and how many were there? The reason I ask is there may be one coming on board - 2 if it works out

WREBELMACHINE
03-20-2006, 03:50 PM
I do not know how many there were because until the last couple of years I never looked at a Yazoo. And that is because of one dealership who took on yazoo a couple of years ago. I do know that one dealer who carried them for years dropped them recently.