PDA

View Full Version : How far would you go?

The landscaper
03-14-2006, 10:27 AM
I am going to have the opportunity to buy out another business. It's well established and over 6 figure income. The only problem is that, its about 40-45 minutes from me and probably longer with truck and trailer. Would you take it on? Would you drive out there, or set up another little shop and have a foreman take care of that? It may also work out where my partner could run that division and I could run our existing one. Anyt thoughts on this?

walker-talker
03-14-2006, 11:05 AM
Tough call. Is it just maintenance work? What kind of crew is working it now? I would probably start off having your crew make the drive. I am not in favor of having partners, but since you already have one, having him make the drive with a couple guys might be the best route.

Duck Dodger
03-14-2006, 11:23 AM
I would hire out of that area and find someplace to store truck and trailer. Having employees that know the area can be an asset.

The landscaper
03-14-2006, 09:52 PM
I think its a mix of maintenance and landscaping. They do a lot of reseeding and such. Right now they rent a shop that I may be able to continue to rent to store equipment there.

prostriper
03-14-2006, 10:07 PM
With gass prices topping those of gold and platinum I would lean toward setting up shop near the location of the new accounts. If economically feasable, and avalable in the deal, see about purchasing the porperty as well. if thats not possible, renting a couple of storage sheds at a self-storage place may also be an economically viable option.

If going the self-store option make sure it is near a police station and has good security (cameras/number pads). And leave one person responsible for the keys and the gate number as to prevent equipment from dissapearing.

PROCUTSLAWNCARE
03-14-2006, 10:36 PM
Where abouts in Ohio is it. We are in the Ashtabula area and would be glad to help or sub out work with you? Let me know if we can help out.

Thanks

The landscaper
03-15-2006, 12:09 PM
I am west of cleveland a little ways.

PROCUTSLAWNCARE
03-15-2006, 05:58 PM
I am East of Cleveland.....