PDA

View Full Version : How To Best Edge 1200' Of Mulch Beds?

lawnmedicCC
03-14-2006, 11:33 AM
Are shovels the way? Or should I shell out $2500 for a machine? It's my only commercial account, but quite large. Give me your expertise! Thanks.

HOOLIE
03-14-2006, 11:36 AM
Just rent a bed edger for the day if that's the only job you really need one for.

Randy Scott
03-14-2006, 11:55 AM
We have one property that we edge every year, it's 625 feet of edging and takes about an hour to an hour and a half to do. We spread the soil back into the beds before mulching. There's no removal except a little of the grass debris we get out with a leaf rake. Anyways, depending on the layout of the beds, you could do what you have in half a day or so, also depending on soil type and debris amount.

I for one, try to buy anything I think we may use more in the future. A bed edger is that type of machine. If you really only see the prospect of this one job, or only a couple more, you may want to just rent it for a day. Around here they're $80 for 24 hours.

olderthandirt
03-14-2006, 12:33 PM
Just rent a bed edger for the day if that's the only job you really need one for.

No future thoughts of growth??? :confused: :confused: Just rent as Hoolie says ^^^^

6'7 330
03-14-2006, 12:50 PM
If you see a future growth and ROI buy, if you forsee limited growth of accounts that would require the machine rent it for day. We couldn't do without our machines.