PDA

View Full Version : bidding 60 unit condo. Need Help?

Piscitelli Landscape
03-14-2006, 05:23 PM
I am bidding a 60 unit condo. i would do the mulching weekly grass maintenance, fertlization edge all beds and clean ups. it is new and some of the lawns are not in but all will be by mid season. I have never bid anything like this. is there a format or a certian way to do it. I would appreciate anyone who could give me any help thank you.

2menandamower
03-14-2006, 05:37 PM
I have bid condos in the past and what I do is bid them 15-17 per unit per month. If they are getting the fert, mulch, and the whole nine yards then I bid them 20-22 per unit per month. That will give you enough to cover doing the commons areas if they are not tooo big. So a complex with 60 units would be about 900 to 1000 for mowing and basic service and 1200-1320 per month for the full service plan. Most of the time this formula gets me really close to the numbers that others bid.... Good luck and let me know how it turns out.

Scott

TJLANDS
03-14-2006, 06:42 PM
Well for one, no two sites are the same, one condo/townhouse dev. we do is 15 acres of grass, 60 yards of mulch beds(45 units). Another 100 unit site is 2 acres of grass and very little maintenance. So it is impossible to tell you what to charge per unit(something I have never done). Just determine your time to do the job and price it accordingly. Best way is to set up a spread sheet and list ALL the jobs, 30 mowing's, pulling weeds 15x, trimming shrubs 4x etc. Come up with a price either a la cart or give them a set price for the year. It is just important to know what it will cost you.

DESTEFANO3782
03-14-2006, 07:30 PM
the last post was right. i have one condo with 60 units and no mulch and its a 200 dollar cut and i have another 60 unit that has mulch and is only a 60 dollar cut. figure out how many hours it will take and how much for your material and multiply that by your hourly rate.

Flex-Deck
03-15-2006, 05:31 PM
Personally I would treat each unit as an individual yard, and bid my minimum or more if there is more than 1/2 acre of grass. Then I would add it all up, and maybe take some off for the fact it is just one unload, mow and one load.