PDA

View Full Version : Senior Discount

Sir mowsalot
03-14-2006, 04:40 PM
This is something i was considering this year. Any EXPERIENCED lco's do or dont do this? Im kinda teetering as there are two sides to this, first i could advertise this and get more accounts, or do i get more accounts with a bunch of old tightwad penny pinchers?

DUSTYCEDAR
03-14-2006, 04:41 PM
i get more accounts with a bunch of old tightwad penny pinchers
yup sure do have fun with that

dkeisala
03-14-2006, 05:06 PM
Let them screw your profit margin down even further and then sit around all day long, because they have nothing better to do, and look for things around the landscape to complain about.

Look at businessess that offer senior discounts. They are usually given at a time that's not terribly profitable and/or busy for them anyhow. You don't see restaurants offering senior discounts on Friday and Saturday nights between the hours of 7 and 9. Senior discounts are a way to draw them in at slow time periods. If you can find a way to apply that to your business, great. Otherwise I'd stay away from the practice.

Sir mowsalot
03-14-2006, 05:13 PM
Let them screw your profit margin down even further and then sit around all day long, because they have nothing better to do, and look for things around the landscape to complain about.

Look at businessess that offer senior discounts. They are usually given at a time that's not terribly profitable and/or busy for them anyhow. You don't see restaurants offering senior discounts on Friday and Saturday nights between the hours of 7 and 9. Senior discounts are a way to draw them in at slow time periods. If you can find a way to apply that to your business, great. Otherwise I'd stay away from the practice.
Thanks for the advice. I dont think im going to do it. I have had enough old pita's in the last couple of years, and i surely dont want to attract anymore. Some of those old sour women are the absolute worst.

geogunn
03-14-2006, 05:28 PM
I offered a sr. discount when I started up but I no longer offer that option.

my experience says they'll cut you off for $5 a week anyway and then you are only hurting another LCO.

GEO :laugh:

one man gang
03-15-2006, 12:10 AM

I offer it and stick them on Mondays. A pain is a pain no matter how old but if they're getting a break I'm a lot quicker to fire them. I offer mostly cause even though I don't believe in hell , I'm afraid of it and I need the points.

tcls83
03-15-2006, 08:02 PM
Nah, don't even bother. Unless you quote $5 higher than you plan on quoting, then lower it by $5, it will make it seem like they are getting away with something.

If not, I wouldn't want to cut a bunch of crabby old ladies for cheap.