PDA

View Full Version : need some help

YardPro
03-14-2006, 06:37 PM
i am installing a circle kit on a slope. one side will have a celtic wall to level the area out.

my pavers will come butt up to the top caps on the circle kit. What is the best way to make sure that the radius of the wall top caps match exactly the radus of the circle kit. There has to be a better way than i am currently having to do.

i have a pipe driven in where my circle is and i am using a string to mark my arc for my walls. The problem is that this is not really as precise as i need it to be.

MarcusLndscp
03-14-2006, 07:43 PM
Why don't you allow for a planting bed in between the patio and the top of wall. It will soften the area and allow you some flex room with laying the patio and building the wall.

YardPro
03-14-2006, 08:21 PM
i usually do just that, but in this situation i cannot. the area will have a pig cooker on it and they want to have a ledge to sit on and drink while looking out over the water (spectacular view). also i am limited on space as this is a very wooded area and we have lots of trees to deal with. so the pavers will have to butt with the retaining wall.
also, this is a small boathouse area that is just for "the guys", so no beds, flowers, etc. Nothing that requires upkeep.

Rex Mann
03-14-2006, 09:21 PM
Start your circle backward, from the outside in. Whenever we do a raised circle area with a circle we do it this way:

Place a starter stone from the circle kit where you want the circle to be.
Next, extend the circle out by lining up courses of the circle in one line
Run this line out to the desired radius
Now, pull up the starter tone and replace with a round stake at the circle center
Run a string off the stake to the outside edge of the radius
Make the area
Now you know where to build your wall, do not forget any over hang of the cap or wall batter
Once the wall is built, start your outside course of pavers against the caps/wall and work your way in.
Adjust your gapping of the courses as needed
You can check your work by running out the straight line of pavers for the circle.

A few finished pictures using this method.

Peace,

Rex

http://PaversInstalled.Com