PDA

View Full Version : Curious!!!!!!!

Bobcat s250 NY
03-14-2006, 08:46 PM
I was reading in a post below about limestone screenings being used as a bedding layer for pavers. I can understand what you guys are saying about limestone, but down here on Long Island many of the big companies swear by using bluestone screenings. I have only tried it once and it seemed to work out fine with the exception on the final interlock but hey i had to try it. (on my own yard) I only use sand in my customers installs. The thing that confuses me is.... interlocking properties aside, it seems like ur issue with the screenings are that the limestone will dissolve over time. Does this hold true with these blue stone screenings. I just cant imagine why people down here spend $50 a yard on this bluestone , as opposed to $24 for good sand. It seems alil rediculas to spend twice the money on a material that isnt intended to be used. :confused: :confused:

cgland
03-14-2006, 09:38 PM
Did you ever see Bluestone delaminate and crack? Same thing as screenings. take a large pice of limestone screenings or blustone screenings and you can easily break it with your fingers. Imagine a load on top of this stuff!

Chris

kris
03-16-2006, 05:52 AM
Oh gee... here we go again lol ...I'm bowing out of this one.
:)

Squizzy246B
03-16-2006, 08:32 AM
Crushed limestone works very well....just all our freeways, highways, driveways, building pads etc etc are made of it. Commonly used throughout the construction industry. Must be wet down and compacted well, then is very stable. It has the quality of remaining porous which has advantages under paving or on paths. For best quality use in landscaping and driveways 75mm (3") crushed limestone is laid and compacted and then 25-35 mm (1"+) of 19mm (3/4) is laid of the top and again compacted. Very good and very cheap..if its doing something else then its pieces of natural stone not crushed.

http://www.walimestone.com/