PDA

View Full Version : Job Board

jreiff
03-14-2006, 09:59 PM
We were thinking about adding a job board to the office. A big white dry erase board that hangs on the wall that we would write all the jobs down on that we have coming up. Anyone have one or do something similar? Just to help everyone know what jobs we have and when they are coming up. Also so the guys know that hey this next job is suppose to start at so and so date so we need to get this job we are on done now... What do you all do to keep jobs in order and to know when they are to be done and what order??? Thanks

bigviclbi
03-15-2006, 03:32 PM
Go to Homedepot and get a 4x8 piece and trim out around it. If you try to get something that big anywere else it will be three times the price. I have sections on it for estimates, maintenance, calls, etc. I think its great for organizing and since its so big you won't forget.

neversatisfiedj
03-15-2006, 03:50 PM
Organization is critcal .

jreiff
03-15-2006, 09:58 PM
Go to Homedepot and get a 4x8 piece and trim out around it. If you try to get something that big anywere else it will be three times the price. I have sections on it for estimates, maintenance, calls, etc. I think its great for organizing and since its so big you won't forget.

Would you be willing to post a picture of the job board, kind of to see how you write things out on it???

MarcusLndscp
03-15-2006, 11:25 PM
You can buy magnetic ones as well. We use to have magnetic dots that indicated specific pieces of equipment, employees, etc etc. If you use your board and just write all over it it's not as easy to look at real quick and know the basic details. The color coding made life very easy to look at the board and say....okay we need Joe on this job for 3 weeks with 4 men the Cat 307 and the A300 skid.

mbella
03-16-2006, 12:31 AM
You can buy magnetic ones as well. We use to have magnetic dots that indicated specific pieces of equipment, employees, etc etc. If you use your board and just write all over it it's not as easy to look at real quick and know the basic details. The color coding made life very easy to look at the board and say....okay we need Joe on this job for 3 weeks with 4 men the Cat 307 and the A300 skid.

I just built a 4' x 8' job board. I'm going to get a smaller, magnetic one and do just as you said Marcus. I'm going to have a magnet for each of the guys, trucks, skid steers and jobs. On any given day, if Alberto, Ezequiel and Jeremy are at my house pulling weeds then the board will indicate as much.

kris
03-16-2006, 06:39 AM
Yes we have a big white board ... customers name and the man hrs bid ..week 1,2,3 etc on it. Each crew is colour coded ..example if crew one(red) is doing 300 hrs worth of work a week(based on that particular crew size) and the job they are doing is 650 hrs ,in week one we write 300hrs , week 2, 300 hrs week 3, 50 hrs and the 250 hrs that same week on a different job ... Ill try and remember to take a pic of it today. Only fault with it is that is not big enough now and need another ..but hey....thats a good thing!

Now that board gives us the big picture ... on my computer I have a daily, that I organize , people, trucks, trailers and equipment.

In the shop the guys have a other white board with there job, man hrs bid .... they fill that in daily ...mrs jones 300hrs ... day 0ne they worked 64 hrs, etc etc..
The shop board just helps them keep track for their own use and can give anyone(designers, me) at a glance a quick picture of how everyone is doing. There is also a column for materials needed to be delivered to help our truck driver out.

bigviclbi
03-16-2006, 03:12 PM
My camera batteries are dead and I need to buy a charger as mine is nowhere to be found. If I can get to it I will take a pic.

kris
03-16-2006, 06:29 PM
ok here is a pic ...hope you can get the "jist" of it

notice on the 1500 hr job...green crew... in for 300hrs/week for 2 weeks then we have to pull out because of subs ...so green goes to another site for a couple weeks.