PDA

View Full Version : CCE, Our New Lawn Truck

CrewCutEnterprises
03-14-2006, 11:27 PM
Here is our new custom made lawn truck hauling 2 yards of topsoil

Its almost done but by blowing the alternator in my f350 dump, we now are stuck using this for mulch, topsoil etc till the other is fixed.

It holds 6 yards mulch, 2 yards topsoil.

(2) 36 inch walkbehinds and (1) 48 walkbehind

or a 36" and a 48"

or a 62" ZTR and a 36" walk

IT HAS A CUSTOM GATE, 9 FT LONG. Just wanted to share. for more information, click the link under custom flatbed in my signature

MMLawn
03-14-2006, 11:31 PM
needs washing............

CrewCutEnterprises
03-14-2006, 11:32 PM
needs washing............

Most work trucks do..... when its spring time.....

BSDeality
03-14-2006, 11:35 PM
hows the clearance above the rear tires? doesn't look too good from this angle. I like the FB though, thinkin about buying an alum. one for my toyota.

CrewCutEnterprises
03-14-2006, 11:46 PM
hows the clearance above the rear tires? doesn't look too good from this angle. I like the FB though, thinkin about buying an alum. one for my toyota.

Built to specifically fit our needs. There is a 4 inch piece of flat steel going down the rail, its all detailed in the "OTHER" thread. It has 3 inches when weighted like that. maybe 4. Even over bumps it doesnt hit.

Runner
03-15-2006, 12:04 AM
That's pretty cool. I like the bed. I also like the fact that you opted to go without the dovetail. They are just over rated and and waste too much valuable space.

Envy Lawn Service
03-15-2006, 12:07 AM
Looks low because the bed is set low on purpose.
Just high enough to not have any clearance issues.
Then the rail cap down the side makes it look lower than it is too.

I missed the fact you went 9' with it... funny.
I thought the point of going a hair wider was to be able to make it shorter (?)

It looks fine at 9' though.
It would have just been a bit lighter and less tail heavy at 8' is all.
Any idea how much the ramp ends up weighing?

Glad to see it out working for you though.
Hate the circumstance for you though. Good luck on the F350.

I finally got fed up enough to go to work on my own truck myself.
Been 2 days working on the drivetrain already.
Might be done in 2 more, if my hand is usable tomorrow.
(trans came down 100% all at once and my hand cushioned it's fall)

Jpocket
03-15-2006, 09:15 AM
Im sorry dude I love the idea, but not what you have done to that truck. That was a VERY NICE F-250, a gorgeous truck, and you took the bed off and butchered it up........it's just not something I would do to a newer truck. I would have picked up an older 3/4 ton maybe 80's early to mid 90's.
You did a nice job on it though.:confused:

Tvov
03-15-2006, 09:32 AM
I don't know about "butchered up", all he did was take off the stock bed and build a flatbed. He made it more useful for what he needs. A stock bed could always be put back on to make it "pretty" again. When I buy a new truck, I am more concerned with getting a new engine/drivetrain/suspension than getting a new body.

Jpocket
03-15-2006, 09:40 AM
I don't know about "butchered up", all he did was take off the stock bed and build a flatbed. He made it more useful for what he needs. A stock bed could always be put back on to make it "pretty" again. When I buy a new truck, I am more concerned with getting a new engine/drivetrain/suspension than getting a new body.

He did a good job building the body, and yea thats what havinbg trucks is all about suiting them to your needs, I just don't know if I could bring myself to taking the body off a truck like that and putting one like that on.

Tvov
03-15-2006, 10:01 AM
lol, I know what you are talking about. A friend did something similar, bought a brand new truck and immediately took it apart and modified the body. We all cringed, but we all knew that it made the truck more useful.

BSDeality
03-15-2006, 10:06 AM
it is a work truck, you need to make every truck as useful as possible. CCE made the right choice for what he needs to do with it.

Lux Lawn
03-15-2006, 11:18 AM
CCE,Looks good.I hope it works out for you.

work_it
03-15-2006, 11:33 AM
I love it. That turned out nice. It serves multiple applications and eliminates the need for a trailer. Now it's time to hang some diamond plate tool boxes and install a gate assist.

Envy Lawn Service
03-15-2006, 04:21 PM
Hey CCE... off topic a bit, but did you ever finish the green grill?
That looked cool as al with your logo.....

Ollie3
03-15-2006, 04:33 PM
Nice truck! What does a rig like that cost? Did you do the work yourself? I hope you work the heck out of that Ford.

Ollie

MysticLandscape
03-15-2006, 04:59 PM
How much does it weigh with 2yrds of soil? I was wondering if my tuck could take 2 yards... from my understanding a yrd of topsoil is 2000 lbs so 2yrds is 4000lbs which is over the legal limit of my truck.. what do you guys think?

qualitylawnmanagement
03-15-2006, 05:15 PM
How much does it weigh with 2yrds of soil? I was wondering if my tuck could take 2 yards... from my understanding a yrd of topsoil is 2000 lbs so 2yrds is 4000lbs which is over the legal limit of my truck.. what do you guys think?

I have had 3.5 yards in the back of mine. The truck didn't even drop more than an inch. You and I have the same truck as long as your has the one ton axle in the back it should hold.

BSDeality
03-15-2006, 05:41 PM
I have had 3.5 yards in the back of mine. The truck didn't even drop more than an inch. You and I have the same truck as long as your has the one ton axle in the back it should hold.thats a load of BS, unless you've got helper springs there is no way you're putting 3.5 yds of topsoil back there without dropping "more than an inch". I have a 350 and it will drop down when its got even 1000 lbs in it.

MysticLandscape
03-15-2006, 06:09 PM
I have had 3.5 yards in the back of mine. The truck didn't even drop more than an inch. You and I have the same truck as long as your has the one ton axle in the back it should hold.

I dont believe it either, i have put 1 1/2 yd in my truck before and i didnt have the dump yet and there was no bounce left in the back. Now with the air bags im hoping it will hold but its alot of weight back there even with the bags and i only have one truck so i cant afford to bust somthing. Its only a 3/4 truck, i think that a dully 350 would sag or even bottom out with 3.5 yrs in the back!!

qualitylawnmanagement
03-15-2006, 07:25 PM
My bad guys I thought I saw mulch not topsoil. Sorry bout that guys. I've only had a yard of topsoil in the back and just drops and inch or so. Sorry bout that guys I thought he asked bout mulch.

CrewCutEnterprises
03-15-2006, 07:51 PM
Im sorry dude I love the idea, but not what you have done to that truck. That was a VERY NICE F-250, a gorgeous truck, and you took the bed off and butchered it up........it's just not something I would do to a newer truck. I would have picked up an older 3/4 ton maybe 80's early to mid 90's.
You did a nice job on it though.:confused:

Atleast it looks good. Its not butchered. ( its bolted.) 6 bolts and i can put the bed back on.

Thanks for the compliment, i think.

CrewCutEnterprises
03-15-2006, 07:59 PM
Here is a shot with both mowers in it.
And what i plan to do to it in the next few days...

Also. 2 yards of topsoil is overweight, 1 yard it good, 2 for short distances.

Even my f250 and f350 with helper springs squat about 3 inches when you load them up over 4k lbs.

I regually haul 10 to 12000 lbs in my f350 single rear wheel, I think i need a bigger truck, O and The grill is all painted, but i brush painted it, now I found you can spray oil based out of a spray gun( the one that we used to paint the body). So i have to repaint it. But it looks mean.

CrewCutEnterprises
03-15-2006, 08:09 PM
heres the other one.

Tvov
03-15-2006, 08:50 PM
Wow! That grill is a head turner!

jreiff
03-15-2006, 10:16 PM
Can't wait to see pics when the trimmer racks and tools box rack is on and done. Looks good. Good work on it. You have any pics of it with the ramp down?

nt1
03-15-2006, 10:44 PM
The grill is a definite eye catcher. I like the logo and door lettering as well!

CrewCutEnterprises
03-15-2006, 11:33 PM
gates down
http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=52225&d=1142040515

CrewCutEnterprises
03-15-2006, 11:35 PM
here is the side view while we were working on it.

http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=52224&d=1142040405

CrewCutEnterprises
03-16-2006, 08:08 PM
The grill is a definite eye catcher. I like the logo and door lettering as well!

well thanks