PDA

View Full Version : Dump truck load of bark (mulch)

tinman
03-15-2006, 02:01 PM
How many yards are in a dumptruck full of bark (mulch). How long would it take to spread that much bark?

barefootlawnsandlandscape
03-15-2006, 02:29 PM
All of these that you ask are highly variable. I would call your local supplier and ask them what size truck they deliver with. If you don't have a full load most suppliers will charge more per yard, so make sure your job is big enough to justify getting that much mulch. If not then get a truck bed full or a dump bed full yourself and take it with you to the job. The amount of time it takes to spread the mulch depends on how you get the mulch to where it is needed (ie. size of wheel barrow, distance to travel from mulch pile, terrain) and if it is just one large bed or multiple beds spread throughout the property.

bonerigo.1
03-15-2006, 05:09 PM
I think its anywhere from 50 to 60 yards. When I order a semi-load I usually have a Bobcat MT52 and a John Deere gator to get the job done. The MT52 loads the gator and then the gator goes around dumping the mulch where its needed. We can usually lay a yard on mulch in 15 minutes or less.

scagwildcat
03-15-2006, 06:05 PM
what do you mean by Dump truck?? a one ton, or tri axle ?? i can fit about 5 to 6 .5 yds in my f-350.. as far as, spreading the mulch, it depends on how far you have to move it,how fast you want to work, i myself can edge the area and spread a truck load in about 2hrs, thats 6yds

ripple
03-15-2006, 07:46 PM
what do you mean by Dump truck?? a one ton, or tri axle ?? i can fit about 5 to 6 .5 yds in my f-350.. as far as, spreading the mulch, it depends on how far you have to move it,how fast you want to work, i myself can edge the area and spread a truck load in about 2hrs, thats 6yds
I am about the same.... I have a 1 ton dump and I can get about 6-7.5 yards in it and I can spread it pretty fast if I dont have to go far with it. Maybe 3 hours or so.