PDA

View Full Version : demographic pricing comparissons..

RQS
03-15-2006, 10:32 PM
Ok I know this is asked alot but I have not seen one this specific. My question is what would some of you charge for the following 2 jobs.

Job #1- dig a 15' x 15' x 3' square hole. Rock is not encountered until the last 1/2' and this rock is too big and hard for the new holland ls190 to chip/break/ and/or lift. Going to have to use a hyd hammer for the last 1/2...

Job #2- dig 20' x 40' x 2' hole all can be done by the ls190...

Just curious what some of you would charge around the county...

Thanks

advanced irrigation
03-15-2006, 10:50 PM
350 for the first hole and 200 for the second hole

Gravel Rat
03-15-2006, 10:57 PM
What is a ls190 is that a skid or a mini excavator ?

We charge everything out by the hour and without seeing the job its hard to tell. Around here its pretty hard to dig a 15x15x3 hole we would need quite a few sticks of dynamite.

gammon landscaping
03-15-2006, 11:26 PM
1# around 650-1000? depends on the type of rock state would be cheaper than limestone

2# 500

Scag48
03-16-2006, 12:14 AM
Are you hauling the dirt? Is it staying on site? If so, how far are you moving it to the dump site? All these aspects need to be addressed. If hauled off site, here's my pricing:

#1 - $900
#2 - $700

ksss
03-16-2006, 02:20 AM
Unless I was very familiar with the rock geology in that specific area I probably would not bid it. I would go by the hour. I get called to break lava rock for housing foundations quite often. Typically they are within a foot or so of grade. I never bid it the work is strictly hourly. The lava varies so much that you could easily spend 3 times longer than what you might think. Sometimes the first foot breaks easily and you spend two days on the next six inches. Especially as it appears you are not using an excavator that makes it more difficult. Using a NH skid steer adds to your problem.:drinkup:

ksss
03-16-2006, 02:25 AM
Unless I was very familiar with the rock geology in that specific area I probably would not bid it. I would go by the hour. I get called to break lava rock for housing foundations quite often. Typically they are within a foot or so of grade. I never bid it the work is strictly hourly. The lava varies so much that you could easily spend 3 times longer than what you might think. Sometimes the first foot breaks easily and you spend two days on the next six inches. Especially as it appears you are not using an excavator that makes it more difficult. Using a NH skid steer adds to your problem.:drinkup: