PDA

View Full Version : Update on truck deck

Gravel Rat
03-15-2006, 11:13 PM
Well I'am still struggling with my truck deck its a slow go sorry no pictures the shop I'am in is too dark. The steel I ordered was a little bent the 3/16s steel plate they sent me was reject plate which means its out of square and not perfectly flat. I wish they would have told me they were selling me reject plate. Its cheaper than regular plate but it takes longer to work with because you have to re-cut it square and when welding it down you have to flatten it.

Man I think I bit off more than I could chew with this project I think it will be all good when I'am finished thou I will have a heavy built dump deck.

Now I'am also looking for a newer truck something like a 99 F-450 they have flat frame rails so easier to install a dump body. The 95 F-450 I bought is squeezing more money out of my wallet time to get rid of it.

Daner
03-17-2006, 06:01 PM
Well I'am still struggling with my truck deck its a slow go sorry no pictures the shop I'am in is too dark. The steel I ordered was a little bent the 3/16s steel plate they sent me was reject plate which means its out of square and not perfectly flat. I wish they would have told me they were selling me reject plate. Its cheaper than regular plate but it takes longer to work with because you have to re-cut it square and when welding it down you have to flatten it.

Man I think I bit off more than I could chew with this project I think it will be all good when I'am finished thou I will have a heavy built dump deck.

Now I'am also looking for a newer truck something like a 99 F-450 they have flat frame rails so easier to install a dump body. The 95 F-450 I bought is squeezing more money out of my wallet time to get rid of it.Hey ....It Sounds like you need some Help...Let me KNow if ya do

Gravel Rat
03-17-2006, 07:11 PM
Your a little far away I'am on the West Coast of B.C. but thanks for the offer :canadaflag:

I'am taking today off I'am suffering from a major headache I guess the welding is getting to me. Its one of the reasons why I stopped welding my eyes are just too sensitive to the light. I had a number 10 shade in my helmet put a number 11 in today but it didn't help my headache. I usually have a number 12 shade but its pretty dark.

The headache I have is one of those ones that makes you feel queezy I didn't barf thou :laugh:

I woke up with a headache and its oh crap :cry:

I have the deck flipped over now and welding the 3/16s to the crossmembers and I have to build the hoist framing for the front of the deck. The post hoist requires a dog house into the front of the deck and the hoist is trunnion mount.