PDA

View Full Version : Build a mulch blower????

CompletePropertyCare
03-16-2006, 11:12 AM
I work for a company that sells work trucks unfitted with plows, dump bodies, service bodies, etc. They do a lot of fabricating, I posed the question to one of the more experienced fabricators as to whether or not he could make a mulch blower, at a decent price. He said, of course, I can make anything it just might cost a lot. So has anyone looked into making your own mulch blower?

RonB
03-16-2006, 12:02 PM
Looks like you buddy gave you the answer, "cost alot". Unless you have all the stuff already laying around, it's likely going to cost more than buying.

Companies have the benefit of quanity discounts. Buy one or three of what you need and you pay retail.

CompletePropertyCare
03-16-2006, 12:27 PM
Its a long shot, trying to think out of the box.

godzilla
03-16-2006, 01:09 PM
If I was going to do a mulch blower truck for semi low cost, I'd get a 10 wheel cab and chassis, or a triaxle cab and chassis. Then I'd go hook lift with a bunch of different bodies... mulch blower from Finn or whomever, hydroseeder, leaf sucker, dump bodies, etc.

olderthandirt
03-16-2006, 01:37 PM
Its a long shot, trying to think out of the box.

Remore 3/4 of the teeth from a straw blower and you have a small mulch blower :) :waving:

John Gamba
03-16-2006, 01:57 PM
Remore 3/4 of the teeth from a straw blower and you have a small mulch blower :) :waving:

Do it to a Salt/sand spreader(why) you need the conveyor belt:usflag:

AintNoFun
03-16-2006, 05:12 PM
i would think building something close to another companies mulch blower would infringe on there patents and i would assume land you in some serious legal trouble...

OutdoorExtras
03-16-2006, 10:54 PM
I'm not a lawyer :laugh: , but I don't believe you can get into legal trouble unless you atempt to sell it.