PDA

View Full Version : Designing help around an above ground septic field?

mrusk
03-16-2006, 01:36 PM
I just looked at a job and i am having trouble thinking of the best way to design a nice looking landscape.

The house has an about ground septic field in front of the house. Its about 40-45'' high, at the highest point. It begins 20 feet off the house. Where i am planning to put my walkway would leave 10 feet between the edge of the walkway, and edge of the septic.

Do you guys have any pics of similar jobs? I have some ideas on what i'd like to do, i'm just wondering what your guys ideas are. I know it is impossible to make the mound invisable. All we are trying to do is lessen the big grade change.

Matt

Dirty Water
03-18-2006, 02:10 PM
Septic mounds can make good planters, but only use shallow root plants.

I know what you mean though, out here we have two types of soil, Heavy clay, and super rocky well draining.

The rocky area's get flat septics, the heavy clay get huge mounds.

I think strategic planting and rock placement could lessen the effect that its a big hump.

RockSet N' Grade
03-20-2006, 11:04 AM
Above ground septic systems and plantings have interested me for quite some time. How can you make it "look nice" and a step further....help clean up the effluence in the process? Please take the time to check out www.natsys-inc.com. The technology is so old, it is new and I believe their approach/system is where we all should be headed......